174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock to stock the 174 will just barely hang with the 165 850, added Daryl Bakers coupled coilover set up to my 850 and now no comparison, it eats any stock sled and goes places I definitely couldn't go on my Aerocharged 154, can't speak to boosted 174 to 850, I'd think the Xm boosted would come out on top but with the baker skid who knows, totally different sled now, can't say enough good about what Darryls doin, amazing product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A coupled skid like Daryl's is a MUST for a boosted G4 850. I can attest to that.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

Deep snow see around 75 to 85kmh track speed. Some times more. All depends on conditions. If its only 6" to 12" of powder then seeing 95kmh

Your trackspeeds are the same as my brothers 174 low boost, boost it kit.
The 163 to 165 stockers track speeds are very similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Stock to stock the 174 will just barely hang with the 165 850, added Daryl Bakers coupled coilover set up to my 850 and now no comparison, it eats any stock sled and goes places I definitely couldn't go on my Aerocharged 154, can't speak to boosted 174 to 850, I'd think the Xm boosted would come out on top but with the baker skid who knows, totally different sled now, can't say enough good about what Darryls doin, amazing product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A stock 165 will go where a boosted 2013 xm 154 won't go. I'd bet it's not even a comparison with a good skid under it.

Jgibos

Reaction score
Re: 174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

If we get another decent dump your way, would like to come down, seen Daves 850 run few months back in Revy and it was sweet, his Poo turbo even better, but heard he got his new intake hoses now and it's dial in very well..

talking with impulse, they are saying they are taking drivers out after so many miles, and having to go to avid, 7 tooth..did you the same yet?? Are you running aftermarket skid?

I have 2000kms on now. 1200 turbo kms. On belt 7. Drivers do have some wear on them. Probably have to change them out at the end of season. Running 6lbs of boost. Straight av gas and i keep the track pretty tight so it dont ratchet. Sucked up limiter and running spring on stiffest setting. Waiting for a bolt on coupler instead of whole skid. Spent enough on the sled as is.

Jgibos

Reaction score
No vid yet? Just name calling? Just as i thought. Another keyboard sledder.[/QUO
Look at you. Some one shares what they experienced and i didnt have my camera with me. Im not brand loyal at all. I think the ski doo 850 is a belt eating piece of sh*t. I dont really give a f*ck what it does compared to the xm. I saw what i saw that day. I sure as hell aint gunna go get a 174xm and turbo it though.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 174 T3 vs 165 3" 850

Has as there been any issues with the kit, or motor setup being boosted, how has clutching been to dial in.. Are a/f been fairly consistent.. If I go with the G4 next year, his kit will be one of the leading contenders forsure

I have 2000kms on now. 1200 turbo kms. On belt 7. Drivers do have some wear on them. Probably have to change them out at the end of season. Running 6lbs of boost. Straight av gas and i keep the track pretty tight so it dont ratchet. Sucked up limiter and running spring on stiffest setting. Waiting for a bolt on coupler instead of whole skid. Spent enough on the sled as is.

Top Bottom