174" T3 Doo Ride Report

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a bunch of us got to swing our leg over one last week. i dont own doo and i am the least brand loyal person. honest take of the sled from a very average rider:

its a beast. very tractor like and inspires confidence in the areas you think you just dont have enough momentum. turbo guys are gonna be humbled quick on the hill by a stock sled. it doesnt feel like a 174" long track. it does feel a bit on the long side but not like other 174" canoes. it handled really well in tight trees, not as good as a 154" or 153" track does but close. the rear skid soaked up the bumps very well. the front was very soft and i bottomed it out quite a bit. but this is a prototype set up. i found the front to dip too much (cut the snow) but again...prototype skis. supposedly they have a bolt on ski tip that alleviates this.

all in all....it works and it works very well. going to be a very interesting year next year

the Doo rep was a really good guy too. he wont like the last pic....but hey, its all in fun!

lol...

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bigger is better! I know it doesn't help your dilemma but that is what I am thinking for the kind of riding I doo.......:d
I don't know Doug, I'm a lot bigger than you and it doesn't seem to have a positive effect on my riding!

tmurphy

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. I think you just solidified my decision.

a bunch of us got to swing our leg over one last week. i dont own doo and i am the least brand loyal person. honest take of the sled from a very average rider:

its a beast. very tractor like and inspires confidence in the areas you think you just dont have enough momentum. turbo guys are gonna be humbled quick on the hill by a stock sled. it doesnt feel like a 174" long track. it does feel a bit on the long side but not like other 174" canoes. it handled really well in tight trees, not as good as a 154" or 153" track does but close. the rear skid soaked up the bumps very well. the front was very soft and i bottomed it out quite a bit. but this is a prototype set up. i found the front to dip too much (cut the snow) but again...prototype skis. supposedly they have a bolt on ski tip that alleviates this.

all in all....it works and it works very well. going to be a very interesting year next year

the Doo rep was a really good guy too. he wont like the last pic....but hey, its all in fun!

[URL]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/tundrat3/Sicamous%202014/P1010210_zps70254ac6.jpg[/URL]

lol...

[URL]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/tundrat3/Sicamous%202014/P1010245_zps7b40c160.jpg[/URL]

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These reports are making it tough not to jump ship to doo.

Top Bottom