174 3" pro 800 rmk avid drop&roll

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
29 inches from the rear arm bolt to the back of the rail on a 174 pro
19 inchs from the rear arm bolt to the back of the rail on a 163 polaris dragon
17 inches from the rear arm bolt to the back of the rail on a 154 xp
do the math on a skidoo there would be more rail after the rear arm bolt mabe sean can help out and check his. Sorry lewicky but thats the best I can do for you. And ya there are the first set of rails made for a pro but not the first set of 174 rails and this skid is no diff from any other. And skidoo never had any crank problems or clutch problems lol. Every brand has had problems one time or another. If you dont like the sled flip the page.

So.. how much extra did u gain on the ground over the 163? Above looks like 10" buut that doesnt seem right. Should be like 5 or 6" no? Do the ice age rails come tipped up in the back?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.. how much extra did u gain on the ground over the 163? Above looks like 10" buut that doesnt seem right. Should be like 5 or 6" no? Do the ice age rails come tipped up in the back?

the doo ones dont.

the 174 when i line 2 sleds up on the deck theres at least an extra wheel on the ground which is 8"

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please you stated that you were the first one in the country to get these rails so how do you know whats goingto happen????? dont be blind....

Likewise - how do you know they are going to bend? back end of the rail is the thickest and also has the extra cross shaft in conjunction with the rear axle.

Let's all re-visit this thread in 3 months once its had some time on the snow....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the doo ones dont.

the 174 when i line 2 sleds up on the deck theres at least an extra wheel on the ground which is 8"

i would swear i see at tip up on my rails. Tip up for such a long length would make a big diffrence on the trial and tavelling at slower speeds i would think.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nicely done and very clean. If i didn't have so many BRP parts and pieces i would be riding one of these this year.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 174"x3" on my stock m1000 and it keeps up to a lot of sleds with way more hp. That pro is gonna be sick with that track. It will give that turbo a run for its money if conditions are deep!

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
The pro looks sick Chris nice work, i cant wait to see how it is goin to do againts ur turbo!
As for some other people thinking that the rails are weak.... thats bull because the 174 rail and tracks have been out for more than one year!! i had a few 174 tracks and let me tell you they were not on some light ass 2 stroke!! ya they were on a sled that weighs as much as the truck you pull your trailer with and just in case you never seen me ride, i have landed tons on the rear axel with huge air and have never bent my rails...:confused:

some peoples childern

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here let me reply again,,,, woooo nice sled that thing should be unstoppable, turbos will never keep up, nice job, keep up the good work:rolleyes:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, that's a big track....gulp! Wonder how it will work with a little boost:d Good lookin' sled :beer:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so.... howd it work?

Oh it worked great but most sleds will with a 174 3 inch track.The snow was some what setup unless in the trees. But it worked well, with the snow we had it would not pull with my dragon. It had a slight edge over the drop and rolled XP with a 162 16 3" but rider weight was a factor. So all in all it is a sweet sled and works great but I think mine will have a BD turbo I just cant go back to a stock motor lol.

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Very nice sled, lookin to 174 a pro myself. What clutching changes did you make to turn that track in stock form?

Top Bottom