174 3" On A Pro 800

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there, for everyone who did this. How many kms on and how did you like it? What all did you do, 174, clutching, engine mods? Thinking about doing it this summer.
Thanks

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris at Parkland motorsports in stony plain has one call him and ask what he thinks of it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It cant be done...lol Jk there is lots around. Turbo seems to be a popular mod with the 174pro's....

Last edited:

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not enough power for the three inch

True, the poo does not have the hp as doo or cat but, that's why there's different clutching and gearing. I don't ride on the flatland because there's hardly any snow here, so everything is in the mountains. I don't need topend speed, I want bottom end and throttle response.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there, for everyone who did this. How many kms on and how did you like it? What all did you do, 174, clutching, engine mods? Thinking about doing it this summer.

Thanks

Call me I just took the 174 3 inch off my blue sled so I have the track,rails,antistab,drivers, all used 700 km. and they work great btw. Just have to gear them right.

Reactions: NM

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was looking at possibly doing it with my 13' as well. chrisco or glassman or whoever else has done this did, a few questions as well. Did u bother with some type of gearing change (not sure if theres even any available, c3??) or was stock sufficient enuf? Also what kind of clutching set-ups worked best, brand? weights? springs? etc. 7tooth drivers?
Not a whole lotta info readily available

sledhead80

Reaction score
I did a 2.5" 174 last year, had to re-gear is all. Changed the rails and went with anti stab kit and went with blue pink secondary spring as well as a van-amburg tunnel extension. I also have a head and a can on this sled and other than that its stock. I was actually in Salmon (Blue River) last year and was climbing some stuff and when I came down to take a break a couple guys that were watching me asked me if my sled was turboed. They couldn't believe it when I told them it was pretty much stock with just a 174 on it. IMO its definitely the best bang for your buck hands down and scrfce I looked into the gearing ratio to see if I could get the same gearing with a belt drive from C3 and yes you can. I forget what gears I went with I changed 1 tooth per gear from stock so I think its 21 42?? But not positive I got all my stuff from Chrisco so he will be able to tell you for sure. All I can say is when I decide to get a new sled this will be an immediate upgrade I wont even ride now without the 174 its so good!!!! Hope this helps. Oh and I rode just over 1400kms last year all mountain riding.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a used aero charger turbo
for pro

And the good thing is you'll need about 4 or 5 lbs less boost than the Doo guys use cause the power gets right to the snow, not eaten up somewhere in clicker land and sticktation. :)

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a 2.5" 174 last year, had to re-gear is all. Changed the rails and went with anti stab kit and went with blue pink secondary spring as well as a van-amburg tunnel extension. I also have a head and a can on this sled and other than that its stock. I was actually in Salmon (Blue River) last year and was climbing some stuff and when I came down to take a break a couple guys that were watching me asked me if my sled was turboed. They couldn't believe it when I told them it was pretty much stock with just a 174 on it. IMO its definitely the best bang for your buck hands down and scrfce I looked into the gearing ratio to see if I could get the same gearing with a belt drive from C3 and yes you can. I forget what gears I went with I changed 1 tooth per gear from stock so I think its 21 42?? But not positive I got all my stuff from Chrisco so he will be able to tell you for sure. All I can say is when I decide to get a new sled this will be an immediate upgrade I wont even ride now without the 174 its so good!!!! Hope this helps. Oh and I rode just over 1400kms last year all mountain riding.

Pretty sure the Pro comes stock with 20/42 gearing, the 19/43 set up works well using the same chain. I wonder if that is what you have in your sled to run the 174"? I ran this gearing in my 08 Dragon 163" and it was a nice upgrade.

sledhead80

Reaction score
Yeah Trench I think you're right I must have went to 19-43 because I am using the stock chain. Also Clay923 I don't know who you were asking if they still have a set a rails but I don't I sold my track and rails to someone who wanted to stretch there 155, sorry.

Top Bottom