166" Skid and track in Gen II

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '05 Rmk 900 with a 166 that I'm going to be parting out. I was thinking of trying to put the skid and track in my '01 151. Has anyone ever doen this or know what is involved in making the swap? Thanks

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should bolt right in on the front part. To set the rear holes just set the skid at the height you want and copy or move the original brackets.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pm Fossy.I think he is looking for parts!
catmando!

darkday

Reaction score
the biggest problem is the fact the iq skid is 15.75 wide and the gen 2 tunnel is 16.25. i put a iq 151 skid in my gen 2 and had to make new shafts and fab up some spacers. you also have to move the mounting plates in the tunnel as it does not bolt right up. can be done, just takes some time!!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which shafts did you have to make up, the ones on the skid? Also I was wondering if I could use my drivers as well, I'm not sure on the pitch of the 2 sleds. Was it any better of a ride with the newer skid?

darkday

Reaction score
Yes got some 3/4 aluminum bar from steel ind, drilled and tapped the ends for new cross shafts, also got some collars with set screws and ground them down for spacers. i used my stock drivers as both are 2.52 pitch. new skid def rides better and is stronger!!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Been busy as hell lately. Just got to get the mustang back on the ground and hopefully I can start working on this.

Top Bottom