162 M1100 turbo weight

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI
Rt 1000 was 602lbs with boss seat, HPS can full of oil , extra belt and tools it came with. 2 gallons of gas .

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tnytro rtr weighed 595, with some mods but not that much. Since then I changed skids (-5 lbs and removed the tool bag -5 lbs). The same day I weighed a 2012 Pro, 535 lbs. The Pro seems a world lighter, mainly balance and suspension I think. Set up changes everything. I would trade the power for a few extra pounds any day.

All are awesome sleds, and have come a long way. I would much rather compare on the hill, all in good fun.

The nytro must have had quite a few mods to be only 60lbs heavier than the 2012 pro! When we looked at dry weights stock it was just over 100 pds heavier than my 2012 pro. The 1100 turbo cat was almost 30pds lighter than the nytro and approx 80pds heavier than the pro back 2 years ago.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry bud, my reply was not directed at you, just the regular haters that think 600lbs rtr is still waaaay to heavy. 600 rtr is the lightest sled I've had in the last 8 years and I'm not sure my rt1000 before that was lighter......

Now that I'm done the Evo turbo build I hope to start on my second 7000 build shortly. I'm naming it the 30-30 which will be taking out around 30lbs and adding 30hp with Evo's re-flash, header, and muffler. Very interested on how that stacks up with a stock 800.

keep us up to date on the EVO header and reflash etc, I have a friend that doesn't want a turbo and this kit peaks his interest

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nytro must have had quite a few mods to be only 60lbs heavier than the 2012 pro! When we looked at dry weights stock it was just over 100 pds heavier than my 2012 pro. The 1100 turbo cat was almost 30pds lighter than the nytro and approx 80pds heavier than the pro back 2 years ago.

Sled has not had that many mods, all I can say is that is what my scale read. You can believe whatever you choose. I personally think the weight is overblown and dry weight is irrelevant, unless you can ride it dry. From what I see each manufacturer has its strengths and weaknesses, choose one that has strengths that match the way you ride. I was in Valemount this weekend and watched the new stuff work in the sketchy snow and in the trees, but still don't compare on the hill.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Just weighed my viper mtx at 617 lbs RTR even the jerry can on the tunnel and storage bag. Next I am going to be adding some carbon fiber components, not sure what I am doing with headlight as I kinda need it but that hood on the cat is a tank. Will weigh my 162 nytro next and I would put money on it that it is lighter. The cat chassis is not light at all. The frame is still steel.

2014 Viper XTX
162" 2.5" camo extreme track
timbersled skid with fox shocks and reservoirs
antistab kit
extra wheels near center shock
EarthX 36D battery
Full tank of fuel
MCXpress 190 turbo
Vertical steering
38" wide a arms
powder pro skis
AC open running boards
AC accessory rear bumper
Factory mountain seat
Mountain addiction fuel/storage rack
extra belt
air pump
tool bag
Boost gauge
Ski weight was 286 and skid weight was 331 (213 lbs on center shock which seems like a lot compared to a pro at 3 lbs but with rider the center shock and rear shock carry my weight evenly)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that some serious mods to get it to that weight, we have a 163tnitro with mods done and it still at 629lbs

My tnytro rtr weighed 595, with some mods but not that much. Since then I changed skids (-5 lbs and removed the tool bag -5 lbs). The same day I weighed a 2012 Pro, 535 lbs. The Pro seems a world lighter, mainly balance and suspension I think. Set up changes everything. I would trade the power for a few extra pounds any day.

All are awesome sleds, and have come a long way. I would much rather compare on the hill, all in good fun.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years back I built a 162" nytro turbo with a ton of light weight parts. With 2 gallons in the tank it still weighed in at 612 lbs on a digital scale. But it had 270 hp so weight was no matter

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that some serious mods to get it to that weight, we have a 163tnitro with mods done and it still at 629lbs
I bought the sled used after it was turbo'd so to be fair there may be some mods I am not aware of. What I know is:
Powderlites stage 3 turbo with tunnel dump
Fly riser and forward steering post
Nextech Fox float/rear spring delete kit
162 track with stock rails (Apex)
Simmons skiis
Fox floats upfront
Mountain mod seat
Foam under panels removed
Vented panels
Skinz tube type running boards
2010 tunnel extension
Zbros +3 front end
Easton handlebar (crap)

I rolled the two Nytros off and then weighed the Pro and the Dragon the same way at the same time with the same equipment. If there was an error on the Nytro weight (could be, I don't claim to be perfect), then the Pro rtr is also more than 535 lbs, and the Dragon more than 575.

Top Bottom