$150.00 $$

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I toasted a belt on my 07 Renegade 800. No big deal right ? Wrong...less than 100 kms on this puppy! The entire top cover came off and broke into pieces.:confused: Brought it into two different dealers and was told there was virtuallly no chance I would get any warranty or satisfaction from them.:nono:

You can see that the thing delaminated, like all the glue let go. At $150.00 buck a pop ( ski doo belt ) I guess I need to look at other options if this is going to continue.

I usally almost always get between 1000 - 1200 kms on a belt before failure but never less than that. I do not believe I have any alignment issues.

Ok, I'm done, thanks for the change to rant ! :mad:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
warrantying parts like that is impossible. to many variables.

not everyones clutching system is good.

yours might be and sounds like you were unlucky.

consider a floating secondary kit.

and

there is no other option for brp belts.

you can get the most expensive aftermarket belt money can buy.

it will be hanging on your wall after the first ride. the performance isnt there

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get gates extremes for about $99.00 for hyper sleds.....1 year warranty

part # 43x4340 ......... Let me know if you're interested.

That seems more reasonable. I took it to another dealer and they are trying to help out. We will see.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 200km on the original Doo belt, changed to a Carlisle XS803, now have 1300km on the XS and still in spec.Had to pull all weight out of the clutch to get RPMs back, but so far worth it. Chances of going back to a Doo belt are not good:eek:

sbrucederider

Reaction score
:realmad::realmad:Been snowmobiling since 1965. We sold Johnson Outboards- so ya it was a Johnson Ski Horse! Rode polaris after that- till 06. Got a 600 SDI Gade. LOVED IT! I wish I would of kept it! So now I have a 08 Gade. Plus all the factory replacement parts, I put on $900. worth of shocks, belt deflection kit. I read all the crap that goes wrong with these sleds & I'm almost scared to use it! It still leaks coolant, vibarates, gives my thumb & forearm fits! But I guess I would buy another Gade. 6 or 800 E-TEC. I just can't believe BRP won't stand behind their products a little better. Oh Ya- the Ski-Doo dealer in Aitkin, Mn., well their service dept. isn't worth much!! Won't go back there.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 200km on the original Doo belt, changed to a Carlisle XS803, now have 1300km on the XS and still in spec.Had to pull all weight out of the clutch to get RPMs back, but so far worth it. Chances of going back to a Doo belt are not good:eek:

that automatically tells me that belt is a peice of junk. the more load you can put on the motor and build heat in the pipe the better.

if your eating doo belts you have other issues

Dino

Reaction score
So I toasted a belt on my 07 Renegade 800. No big deal right ? Wrong...less than 100 kms on this puppy! The entire top cover came off and broke into pieces.:confused: Brought it into two different dealers and was told there was virtuallly no chance I would get any warranty or satisfaction from them.:nono:

You can see that the thing delaminated, like all the glue let go. At $150.00 buck a pop ( ski doo belt ) I guess I need to look at other options if this is going to continue.

I usally almost always get between 1000 - 1200 kms on a belt before failure but never less than that. I do not believe I have any alignment issues.

Ok, I'm done, thanks for the change to rant ! :mad:
So whats the part # on this belt you lost?? Just curious....Dino

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that automatically tells me that belt is a peice of junk. the more load you can put on the motor and build heat in the pipe the better.

so I "dailed"XS803 in and to get the pull and feel I get on Doo's 417 300 166(clicker3 and hold On well it's On).Im at clicker 5.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WELL 427 km on this piece of $hit belt as inside cogs are coming off.out 300 after having to buy he right Doo belt...I'd never tell anyone to use....nothing but troubles

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the part # on this belt you lost?? Just curious....Dino

I did`nt write it down and the dealer has it now. I can tell you it had red lettering vesus the white being used now.

Anyway, it's been at the dealers for a couple months and I have not heard a word, so I can only assume I donated $150.00 to BRP again !

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the xs 803 on my mod with a team secondary and get between 800km to over 1000 km to a belt and have never blown one yet the floating secondary works great and a vent kit to reduce clutch temps as well. the carlisle belts havent let me down yet but have heard lots of bad stories about them. put one on my brute and it lasted about an hour and blew into a million pieces

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got replacement belt(XS803) back anyone want it $140,in box ready to ship to U

Top Bottom