13 pro drop in kit or new sled

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 13 pro with around 2000km on it. Debating on installing a drop in kit ....which one is the best bang for the buck? Rktek or mtntk? Rk claiming 20hp gain. Was going to sell it and buy a new 16, but these used ones aren't worth fa.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without knowing your personal situation if it was me I would take my loss now upgrade to a 2016. Depends how much these kits cost as well. You get updates with the 2016 that improve power, traction and handling and reliability

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without knowing your personal situation if it was me I would take my loss now upgrade to a 2016. Depends how much these kits cost as well. You get updates with the 2016 that improve power, traction and handling and reliability

Yeah thinking of trying a new one.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one issue I have with polaris is why no demo rides in Canada. The T3 was immensely successfully because they got them in the hands of the public prior to snowcheck

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO it's worth a drop-in even to sell. No one wants a Polaris with 2000km and the original motor so they are giving them away.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way will the rk kit get 20 hp! I think mtntk has a better name. Chrisco on here does lots of these would be worth your while talking to him. Like Bnorth said even if you are selling put a drop in kit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with neilsledder there is no way the kit will get 20hp. I have installed many MTNTK kits in my own sleds and in friends and they just plain work. If you want a little more go for the drop in kit. Yep chat with Chrisco he has messed with everything and will give you the straight up no BS answer.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with neilsledder there is no way the kit will get 20hp. I have installed many MTNTK kits in my own sleds and in friends and they just plain work. If you want a little more go for the drop in kit. Yep chat with Chrisco he has messed with everything and will give you the straight up no BS answer.

Wasn't there a thread last year where Kelsey was bragging his kits up and how much power it made, and it ended up loosing hp? Another guy to talk to is Deano from Mad Motorsports.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rk tek is a good drop in, he did go to a spacer now like mtn tk has. I have the first without and until I put slp exhaust on it was nothing special. The slp pipe works wonders with the rk tek drop in. Just my experience
Mtn tk is great product too

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the typical cost of the mtntk drop in kit? Chriscos shop open Saturday's ? I'm actually in Edmonton this weekend.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO it's worth a drop-in even to sell. No one wants a Polaris with 2000km and the original motor so they are giving them away.

X2! I'd toss in a drop in kit, ride for part of the season at least. The axys ain't cheap right now and your pro is worth $7kish since brand new 2015's are $10k OTD.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Losing HP?? With all due respect.. Not true...

The drop in kit independent dyno reports are on Dyno tech research's site.. DynoTech Research - motorcycle and snowmobile dyno testing facility. FYI it makes the HP claimed..

You may want to state that the engine that your pistons were installed into was not stock and had modifications, such as timing, fuel controller, reeds, and gutted air box. No dyno run on a stock engine with just your pistons leaves the testing kinda Vague as to what it would make for hp.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
You may want to state that the engine that your pistons were installed into was not stock and had modifications, such as timing, fuel controller, reeds, and gutted air box. No dyno run on a stock engine with just your pistons leaves the testing kinda Vague as to what it would make for hp.

Timing was stock on the February test's highest HP run.. Timing was tested but stock made the most power

Reeds were tested separate (Boyesen and Vforce)..

Air box was stock also.. Shelf removed but it made no HP difference

Fuel controller is required for the kit.. Most info is there in the dyno report.. Not all...

There are 2 different dyno reports. 2 separate sleds.. The SAME engine was dyno'd STOCK as well at the same facility,, that report is there as well..

Aftermarket pipes (3) were tested as well..(actually 4 were really tested)

Not much vagueness.. in the report. testing was very thorough and complete

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timing was stock on the February test's highest HP run.. Timing was tested but stock made the most power

Reeds were tested separate (Boyesen and Vforce)..

Air box was stock also.. Shelf removed but it made no HP difference

Fuel controller is required for the kit.. Most info is there in the dyno report.. Not all...

There are 2 different dyno reports. 2 separate sleds.. The SAME engine was dyno'd STOCK as well at the same facility,, that report is there as well..

Aftermarket pipes (3) were tested as well..(actually 4 were really tested)

Not much vagueness.. in the report. testing was very thorough and complete

I don't see a report for the stock test. It is only said that it was 141hp

I didn't know you kit required a fuel controller.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
I don't see a report for the stock test. It is only said that it was 141hp

I didn't know you kit required a fuel controller.

Stock test is there in the list from earlier when they tested the new Vforce reeds.. this was the same sled.... This sled has been tested MANY times at DTR... But test or no test, if DTR said THIS sled made 141HP, then you can take that to the bank..

Other beni is that the 2 sleds tested at DTR are riding buddies.. They ride and race together.. Nice to have that because the real world running showed the results as well.

Yes, the REV 2 kit requires a fuel controller.. Rev 1 and direct replacement kits do not...

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stay away from Kelseys products. They don't work the way he says they do. If you want a good product and the best customer support go with the MTNTK fix kit or there drop in kit.

Top Bottom