13' pro drive belt issues?

ProRmkRider

Reaction score
I am wondering how nervous a guy should be about his drive belt grenadine on him. Have many people had issues with teeth stripping off the belt or are the belt failures few and far between? Is it something most guys carry a spare of? Any input appreciated. Thanks

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how nervous a guy should be about his drive belt grenadine on him. Have many people had issues with teeth stripping off the belt or are the belt failures few and far between? Is it something most guys carry a spare of? Any input appreciated. Thanks

Follow the proper break in procedure and you should be fine. I picked up a spare that will stay in the trailer but don't suspect I will be using it. Also make sure you run your track to factory spec, if you ratchet the drivers before your belt is broken in there is a good chance you will strip a few cogs.

ProRmkRider

Reaction score
Where does a guy find the break in procedure? And by ratchet your drivers what exactly do you mean? Sorry new-ish to this whole spot!

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ratcheting your drivers is when your track is to loose, it will skip a hole in the track. The drivers are designed to fit in each hole in the track and its hard on equipment when it skips.

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I popped a few cogs off today, 330 miles on it, what a major **** to change without that Polaris supplied belt install tool. It says 100 mile break in, tough to say if that'll happen.

R

Ryan Verrecchia

when you break it in you should feel when the sled is starting to strees and when it can go harder...(it will feel really tight or lose stay in the middle if you understand me)

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
Yes I ride ski-doo, No this isn't made up... It's my good friend and I this was a candid text conversation. Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 12.11.10 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 12.11.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 12.11.10 PM.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:

jrcactus

Reaction score
First 100KM or so take it easy as you should anyway with a break in of a new sled, lots of belt debris for the first while then pin it.
300 Miles on mine with no issue, I did tighten the track after the first ride though.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool I'm a Troll I always wondered what that is... I'll let my bud know there's no problems on this forum with the belts, just tight lips.
If you had posted some sort of question along with the pic of the conversation then I'm sure someone would have given you some feedback on it. Something along the lines of "Had this convo with a buddy, has anyone else seen these problems?" would have worked. There have also been other threads on the topic of completely stripped belt drive belts already. Right now, the bigger problem that Polaris needs to deal with, and the one I figured this thread was about, is that the drive shafts are shearing, not issues with the belt itself.
A troll comes from the a fishing/hunting term. Basically, dragging along bait with the intention that something will pounce on it. An internet troll does that, makes inflammatory posts trying to evoke an emotional response.

As far as the freeride being a better sled for him, maybe it is. But they are very different sleds, if a freeride is better suited for him, why even get a PRO? Why not get the Assault, then he would have had no issues with the belt drive.

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
Yup gotcha... really I just landed on the belt post after looking for other posts on the belt problem. I know of 2 different guys that have wrecked the belt so far and I wanted to find out if it was "a problem" And I didn't bring up the free ride thing. He has an assault already by the way. 2009. That's what he's riding while his pro is in the shop. He dropped it off and asked them to keep it until recall done the local shop seems to think a new shaft/drive/secondary belt combo is coming. But they could be totally speculating.

Anybody else having secondary belt issues? Anybody else know of a recall or fix?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup gotcha... really I just landed on the belt post after looking for other posts on the belt problem. I know of 2 different guys that have wrecked the belt so far and I wanted to find out if it was "a problem" And I didn't bring up the free ride thing. He has an assault already by the way. 2009. That's what he's riding while his pro is in the shop. He dropped it off and asked them to keep it until recall done the local shop seems to think a new shaft/drive/secondary belt combo is coming. But they could be totally speculating.

Anybody else having secondary belt issues? Anybody else know of a recall or fix?
I Was on snowest forum this morning and a guy called Retodd said he blew 3 belts,but like the driveshaft coment they allways seem to go missing?Theres been a few, kinda like the fuel line issue that doo's got on the go I guess.There also was a guy with a broken shaft with the clamp on it,but like I said it's gonzo now?

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, you have to really walk on eggshells with some of the polaris owners.. they jump right down your neck if you own a BRP product and say something the wrong way to not hurt their feelers..

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, you have to really walk on eggshells with some of the polaris owners.. they jump right down your neck if you own a BRP product and say something the wrong way to not hurt their feelers..

Nah. It's just you cuso. Not all BRP owners are twits.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know you didn't bring up the Freeride thing. I meant to quote the other poster but forgot to.

wombat

Reaction score
I broke a drive belt on tuesday in blue river. Cogs stripped off. Rode back down with about 1/2 the cogs. Changed the belt, sans tools, and rode rest of the day. It broke 3km up the trail. I have 3 days on sled. SLP stage 4.

Top Bottom