12hr sxs race at this years numb bum

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why no studs allowed? Seems like a lot of paint swapping going to happen. My machine on ice withouts studs can barely move.

i think the idea is anyone can enter there sxs with no pre race prep and go have some fun. but i do agree with you

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be fun I really want to get into racing but I haven't even taken my new (to me) xp out for a ride yet

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their apparently not going to clear the track down to bare ice so it will leave some traction but theres still going to be a lot of crashes. If they had shorter heats, like 10 laps or something id consider it.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran the numb bum a few times in the quad class, great time and a hell of a tough race. I would seriously consider doing this with my Commander, would be a great time to be able to go around with a passenger. Only thing i would be concerned with is running no studs and sliding into one of the riders on a full ice race setup and ruining their race. Only so much a guy can do to avoid the sliding and crashing while still trying to race and it would be really ugly running into a dirt bike.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran the numb bum a few times in the quad class, great time and a hell of a tough race. I would seriously consider doing this with my Commander, would be a great time to be able to go around with a passenger. Only thing i would be concerned with is running no studs and sliding into one of the riders on a full ice race setup and ruining their race. Only so much a guy can do to avoid the sliding and crashing while still trying to race and it would be really ugly running into a dirt bike.

I'm pretty sure the UTVs have their own track. Bike riders aren't going to like a 2000 pound machine parked on top of them.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be a riot. It's not like racing around a hockey arena, crashes won't be much of an issue imo. Be hilarious to see guys rocking stereos and eating Doritos during a race!

154 XM

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time on the bike and car ice race tracks on Ghost dam and before studs I could still reach 80kph pretty easily but stopping and cornering would take half a minute. I'm just worried that a 5 km course will need a 1000 pylons to keep the speeds very low and stop guys from killing each other. My Commander has zero side or rear bumpers but the front could knock down a 12" tree. If someone hit me from the rear the plastic damage would be huge.

Top Bottom