120cc mods

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my son a polaris 120 with a midwest mod kit installed.

By the looks of it the governor gear is removed as it has a throttle return spring. Remove it and squeezing the throttle does nothing and its the only part i can see thats different from polarises part diagrams. The sled rips... How do i make it slower till he gets use to driving it?

knh208

Reaction score
Throttle stop is a good option. Just looked at a Polaris this afternoon and it had a stop buried in the linkage.

I installed a Midwest kit on the boy's ZR 120. It keeps the governor active. Works great so far.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like just a hose clamp on the bars with the screw housing behind the throttle works good. Ill try this.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3Built LLC Store
Remote kill switch is also a sweet little mod. Easy to install and keeps the wife's heart rate in check lol.

We fired it up on the street and i could see him ramming a house or car. It took off and i ran after him and said uuhhh nope.

Friends of the family did the same on the lake and i guess they couldnt catch the kid hahah.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it has different clutch and gear u might have to go back to stock gearing till he gets the hang of it. I tried slowing down with throttle stop screw but only slowed down the acceleration. It would still get going to fast. I think stock gearing is around 8mph which seems fast to little kids. If the gearing is to fast they just surge when u put a throttle stop int there.

Top Bottom