12 new first ascents up Norns range

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
another epic two day Krazy Canadian Adventure... Day one up Goose creek forest road... Original EXTREME TEAM riders.. Big Daddy Walker and Super Dave knight... came and wow,, they still got it!!!!!! Ryan , Brad, Frank, Hoodicoff, Juggy, Jr Walker's Maverick and Scoutand also Tandy all came and half a dozen first ascents completed.. plus Brad climbed out of Darcy's chute up the airport for the first time.. Juggy on purpose went up it and came off the top cornice, then hoodicoff followed, BUT not on purpose..

Day two up Ladybird forest road... and 6 more first ascents.. plus we found another 9 never before climbed chutes up the BIRD... Allan, hoodicoff, and Ed Hadikin.. all slayed first ascents... O ya,, I got 3 in this weekend too...

pics to come this evening..

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
9 yrs this 15th of June since Marc Fry's Traggic passing..

Here's some of the first ascents and new chutes I found up the Norns this past weekend...

may289.jpg

only the centre one was climbed, left and right chutes slid out to rock in places... next yr we'll get em... this one is call two rocks..

may274.jpg

again the two rocks chute

may280.jpg

one more angle of the two rocks chute

may290.jpg

200 ft of Nastiness

may285.jpg

looking down 200 ft of nastiness

may276.jpg

the right chute that slid out.. next yr,,, great landing at the top..

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
may272.jpg

1700 ft and tight at the top

may271.jpg

2500ft from the bottom of the avi chute, thru the rock wall chute, hard right along the cliff and back out the left hander to the top of the ridge... first of 3 pics of it.. and still climbable for 2 more weeks I guess. top is 7600ft elevation, bottom is 5100ft... full north aspect..

may259.jpg

may270.jpg

Dave Knight calls it the Brass Balls chute.

may263.jpg

starts at the same bottom as the Brass Balls chute but goes staight up with a hard left at the top..

Last edited:

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
may265.jpg

two angles of the third chute, from the Brass balls starting zone.

may268.jpg

hard left at the top is required..

may258.jpg

Darcy's chute up to the airport.

may256.jpg

Zoomed on Franks parking place..

sledding266.jpg

Dodds gonna land on Justin..

sledding254.jpg

whats Hoodicoff doing to the Krazy 3 sled

sledding218.jpg

Hoodicoff

sledding110.jpg

hoodicoff

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Looks like sunday is the sunny day of the weekend, anyone else coming???? 9 am cheveron sunday june 12.... June 15 i'm heading up the BIRD to remember Marc Fry... but the Marc Fry memorial ride will be June 18 up Norns rd.Come test drive a Polaris or Arctic Cat Turbo.... MainJet and Boondockers will be up there doing demos... There'll be a bunch of twisted sleds to compare with also..Might even get a turbo yamaha and doo up there too...

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
june057.jpg

Fry's chute, I finally got it done yesterday...

june056.jpg

june054.jpg

got a first ascent in this centre one last sunday.. don't know what to call it.. any ideas???

june048.jpg

next yrs chute, gonna be tough in deep snow, slid out and is a little scetchy to do this yr..

june031.jpg

looking down the Brass Balls chute, gonna try it this Saturday. unless someone else wants a first ascent in it..????

june049.jpg

this bad boy hasn't been climbed yet either..

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
june052.jpg

top looking down BOOLY Ridge chute... cornice broke off leaving an amazing line, shovelled most of it, need a final touch up to complete one of the most epic climbs of my life..

june035.jpg

looking up the last 150 ft of the Booly chute

june036.jpg
the right hander is too KRAZY, but straight up should be doable

june042.jpg

right hander has the tight spot to deal with...

Hopefully the sun shines and I can get these last two chutes done and call it a season... but if anyone else wants a crack at em first . I'll film ya,,,lol

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
meeting at the cheveron in castlegar 9 am both sat and sun this weekend... heading up the norns creek road... forcast is for 6 inches of snow tomorrow and sunny sunday... boondocker turbo sleds to demo...everyone welcomed

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled is on my truck,just waiting for the wife to get home,have some supper and then do the drive to Castlegar....:d

Top Bottom