1100 turbo = lazy??

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was doing some YouTube hunting on the 1100 turbos, there really isn't much out there to look at that I found. To me, what I have seen of them anyways, they seem a little lazy?! Like the power isn't the same compared to a nytro it seems. I was looking forward to trying one with the vert post, but really seems like they lack the umph that other turbos have. I've ridden with a 180mcx nytro and that sled seemed like it has way more jam then the 1100's even with the hijacker. Has anyone had any experience with the 2860 upgrade? Or does anyone have any videos that would make ya say "wow"? I'm sure if this thread took off it would be a great help comparing when in the market for a new sled! In my opinion, and I haven't ridden one so it's just visual opinions, it seems that the 1100's really feel sluggish, even if ya had it jacked up to 240hp with the hijacker, seems like it will tractor up a hill fine but when you look at a tnytro with 240hp it will just prance up the hill, skis in the air, making it seem like a joke. Anyone wanna chime in with some opinions and maybe some video clips of last season with a wow factor?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well u are talking and asking about a chitty kitty.

They all suck ( New style m's )

sent from my htc

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Was doing some YouTube hunting on the 1100 turbos, there really isn't much out there to look at that I found. To me, what I have seen of them anyways, they seem a little lazy?! Like the power isn't the same compared to a nytro it seems. I was looking forward to trying one with the vert post, but really seems like they lack the umph that other turbos have. I've ridden with a 180mcx nytro and that sled seemed like it has way more jam then the 1100's even with the hijacker. Has anyone had any experience with the 2860 upgrade? Or does anyone have any videos that would make ya say "wow"? I'm sure if this thread took off it would be a great help comparing when in the market for a new sled! In my opinion, and I haven't ridden one so it's just visual opinions, it seems that the 1100's really feel sluggish, even if ya had it jacked up to 240hp with the hijacker, seems like it will tractor up a hill fine but when you look at a tnytro with 240hp it will just prance up the hill, skis in the air, making it seem like a joke. Anyone wanna chime in with some opinions and maybe some video clips of last season with a wow factor?

Yikes, where have you been all summer dude lol! Not a lot here but on SW there is all kinds of stuff going on. Do a search on youtube for Evolution Big Chute turbos or go to their website and check out the videos comparing it to a properly (as much as you can do) tuned 2.0 with a 174x3" and a 1.9 on the other one. All are clutched the same so it is strickly turbo kit upgrade making the difference. My sled is the one with the 275hp (at elevation) kit. There is the comparison to 2 standard modified M1100's that most do and it leaves the 1.9 at the line and does the hill in half the time....wow. Even the slightly modified M1100's that got some better clutching were not sluggish, clutching they come with is the one size fits all mentality from factories. Big improvements can be made there too.

Been beat to death but a turbo kit purpose built should be better than a turbo kit built to go on 22 models (lol) by bean counters. The first twenty-four 2.0's we got had tunes that were worse than stock and once they were reflashed they performed as good as the stock turbo could manage at elevation. Anyone can physically make a bigger turbo fit. Making a tune to make the ECU make use of that has only been proven by one company, Evolution Powersports. On the snow all last year and developed, tested, dynoed, and tuned at their shop in Colorado, which is at 6800'. You can have the 497.5hp tune from any brand and at elevation 210-220 is all you can get with a stock turbo.

Lots of cool stuff coming out for the 1100's, it is only the second year after all and they were late coming to market on top of that.

Reaction score
Have you rode a 1100 or are you just saying they're lazy from watching youtube videos? I had a turboed m1000 before the 1100. Sure it went better but the 1100 goes damn good for a stock sled.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also seen a lot go and I always thought they looked very slow too. Ive never rode one, but they boosted nytro's look like they go much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
I guess it was hard to find some good tuned ones last year, I'll admit that. Once you get around guys that know how to tune and get these beasts rollin' your opinon will change. Gotta remember there was limited time for tuners last year up here with the late release of the sled. I don't doubt most were unimpressed with what they saw, we were too, but very few ever got changes done that impressed them. Trust me this year will be different. I have no issues putting a 260/275hp Evo kit beside a 270 Nitro kit anyway. I came off a 300+ Yammy so I know where the bar is set.

Don't let the exhaust sound fool ya......

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it a year or so longer and mcx will go broke cause Who will build a yami turbo. The new m1100 handles so much better than a nitro and will be half the price to build. There must have been some real bad riders buy them cause the ones I ride with ran hard all year and all had over 2500 miles in one season. The front end can take a huge hit and not bend. Unlike my 2 nytros which have had a subframe or two each At least cat tried to put out a performance sled unlike doo and there 4 stroke. I can't wait for this sled to grow up and kick ass

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode one turned up to 220hp and i loved it even in the trees, i had the pefict afternoon to ride it lots of fresh. the two revs with me had a hard time keeping up when it came to the hills.
the one thing i did not like was how wide it was and to boot the guy had bearcat ski's on it (retared wide)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode one turned up to 220hp and i loved it even in the trees, i had the pefict afternoon to ride it lots of fresh. the two revs with me had a hard time keeping up when it came to the hills.
the one thing i did not like was how wide it was and to boot the guy had bearcat ski's on it (retared wide)

Bearcat skis would be super wide. I rode one with slp and one with stock. I preferred the stock ones. That said early season I would prefer the slp to help float the front end better when the snow pack is thin. And yes for a four stroke they are pretty nimble in the trees

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
I've also seen a lot go and I always thought they looked very slow too. Ive never rode one, but they boosted nytro's look like they go much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys should ride one and see what you think then. I came from a yammi, I ride with nitros, old and new M8's. Gotta try one to know. Boosted nitros are more often than not 270 kits, I'd be happy to line up a BC275 kit with one.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my dad and I who both have mtx nytros his is a 162 and mine is a153 and we rode with a 1100 turbo and he never went anywhere we couldn't or didn't go with out any trouble having the extra cylinder sure does help tho

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my dad and I who both have mtx nytros his is a 162 and mine is a153 and we rode with a 1100 turbo and he never went anywhere we couldn't or didn't go with out any trouble having the extra cylinder sure does help tho

What turbo kit are you running?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't got a turbo yet!! But when I way 130 and the other guy on the m1100 ways 250 and we just got a full exhaust right now

Hmmmmm......Joey? How much does your pops weigh? You realize that's a solid 40 to 50 horse difference. I've saw a stock 153 nytro easily marked by a m6 with a lesser rider.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not joey and he weights 170 and are sleds have 150hp, 30hp difference and the sled weights more then mine and the nytro you seen get was probably cause the rider didn't know what he was doing. I'm not bsing just cause no one wants Yamaha to be apart of the mountain snowmobiling every one shuts it down as soon as it comes up wit out giving it a shot I ride with m8, rmk pros, summits, slmost every time I go to the mountains and no ones sled is better in any which way it doesn't matter what you ride it's how you ride it.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not joey and he weights 170 and are sleds have 150hp, 30hp difference and the sled weights more then mine and the nytro you seen get was probably cause the rider didn't know what he was doing. I'm not bsing just cause no one wants Yamaha to be apart of the mountain snowmobiling every one shuts it down as soon as it comes up wit out giving it a shot I ride with m8, rmk pros, summits, slmost every time I go to the mountains and no ones sled is better in any which way it doesn't matter what you ride it's how you ride it.
Alright....

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I call bs. BS BS BS BS BS BS!! Lol. Ok.... I believe when I asked how they compare it was turbo vs turbo. A turbo 1100 has 177hp, at sea level, at elevation. Your bone stock nytro has 150 at sea level, 120? At elevation. There's a lot more then just 30 (even tho it's actually 27hp difference with your numbers, basic math, 177-150=27) anyways, you get the point. Plus the 1100 weighs less the a nytro, and who has full exhaust? Both nytro? Or nytro and cat? Cuz that makes a world of difference on a cat as well. Anyways. This is such a pointless Post, I feel like I'm talking to a Joey v2.0....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can it go 100 mph?

Top Bottom