11 police shot, 4 killed at Dallas protest

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Takes a lot of hate to commit acts like that. Social and news media are the number one suspects. My thoughts go out to those officers tonight and the families that their heroes are not returning home tonight.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Police in the states shoot and kill unarmed people every single day , only a
matter of time before some people start getting fed up with it. Didn't police kill 2 unarmed
guy's day before yesterday?
Not trying to be a D*ck, just sayin.
99% of cop's that kill unarmed people walk away without being charged, prob 99%
of the ones that are charged don't spend a day in jail.
They system that let's murderer's walk free can take blame for someone going off the deep
end like this.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mt thoughts are with the grieving families and the wounded officers

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh multicultural society in harmony!! It only gets worse.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine posted this on his FB wall. Some valid observations

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am so sorry for those who live south of us in the United States. I finally get it. Yesterday I saw the movie "free state of Jones" and left the theatre thinking of the fear - fear that continues to this day. Fear that so easily leads to anger. Fear that puts not only neighbourhood against neighbourhood, but neighbour against neighbour Seeing the shooting videos yesterday, and the horrible news of the violence today, I cannot just change my fa[/FONT]cebook picture again to support law enforcement or decry violence. Americans, this is not about race. This is not about guns. This is not about bigoted cops, or the right to bear arms, or immigrants or drugs or white privilige or the gap between rich and poor. All of these are symptoms. This is about fear. You are afraid. That's what I see in these most recent shooting videos. Fear. And I don't know how you can stop being afraid of each other - so afraid that you need to arm yourselves either with concealed weapons or military weapons - wall yourselves up - shoot first regardless of consequence - keep others economically and socially down - write laws like "stand your ground" - allow groups like the KKK or the NRA to exist (yes - I listed them together - they both feed and live off the fear) - elect politicians that encourage fear with their retoric and policies... I don't know how you can fix this - your country is in the same fear and anger as one in a civil conflict - yet no conflict exists. I am so sorry. I pray that you can find your way back to trust again - somehow.
Unquote

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am so sorry for those who live south of us in the United States. I finally get it. Yesterday I saw the movie "free state of Jones" and left the theatre thinking of the fear - fear that continues to this day. Fear that so easily leads to anger. Fear that puts not only neighbourhood against neighbourhood, but neighbour against neighbour Seeing the shooting videos yesterday, and the horrible news of the violence today, I cannot just change my facebook picture again to support law enforcement or decry violence. Americans, this is not about race. This is not about guns. This is not about bigoted cops, or the right to bear arms, or immigrants or drugs or white privilige or the gap between rich and poor. All of these are symptoms. This is about fear. You are afraid. That's what I see in these most recent shooting videos. Fear. And I don't know how you can stop being afraid of each other - so afraid that you need to arm yourselves either with concealed weapons or military weapons - wall yourselves up - shoot first regardless of consequence - keep others economically and socially down - write laws like "stand your ground" - allow groups like the KKK or the NRA to exist (yes - I listed them together - they both feed and live off the fear) - elect politicians that encourage fear with their retoric and policies... I don't know how you can fix this - your country is in the same fear and anger as one in a civil conflict - yet no conflict exists. I am so sorry. I pray that you can find your way back to trust again - somehow.
Unquote
I agree with a lot of what he says Dennis but to put the NRA in the same context as the KKK is absurd. The KKK is a white supremist group thats entire membership shares hate for anyone that isn't white where the NRA is made up of many types of people from all demographic's that believe in the right to bear arms and enjoy guns for sport and hunting. Are they powerful? Yes they are but hardly a group of homegrown terrorists.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's so few white peoples left in North America or world for that matter you guys can stop blaming yourselves.....stupid. If anything arm up, are you gunna hand over your family to invaders?!? WTF

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Ken but you have to keep in mind that many people don't have the same view about guns and the NRA. I would not compare the two as equal either but I also think the NRA has gone way to far in their views as well.

I agree with a lot of what he says Dennis but to put the NRA in the same context as the KKK is absurd. The KKK is a white supremist group thats entire membership shares hate for anyone that isn't white where the NRA is made up of many types of people from all demographic's that believe in the right to bear arms and enjoy guns for sport and hunting. Are they powerful? Yes they are but hardly a group of homegrown terrorists.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Ken but you have to keep in mind that many people don't have the same view about guns and the NRA. I would not compare the two as equal either but I also think the NRA has gone way to far in their views as well.
They are almost to powerful. I have been against gun legislation in the US since the get go. However my opinion has changed a bit in the past few months. I find it hard that people on no fly lists, people on FBI watch lists and violent criminals can walk into Walmart and buy an AR or handgun. The US needs to toughen up some on gun ownership. Canada is way more strict than the US in my opinion. We need no new legislation as far as I am concerned.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No they need to start laying the law down here and there and start getting rid of some of these wastes out there, its got nothing to do with the guns, yes they kill but so does everything else outthere, its the people not the guns, England gave away all of their guns then we had to bail them out, why because they had no guns,

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the country goes back to respecting the law and law enforcement. Starting at the top. Lately if you have money, status or a political position you are above the law. It is a long road to recovery and fixing but it starts somewhere. Remove the fear that someone will get away with something leaving you without or dead and the problem for the most part should fix itself. To many people today want everything without having to work for it. Some are liberals and just hold their hands out. Others are criminals and simply take it. Both need to stop. We've even seen it on here with folks loathed at being "policed" on the mountain or the roads but still expect the law to bring our sleds back when some a$$hat steals it. I've had a couple of long night shifts with nothing to do but read and I've seen it all. Conclusion, people simply need to go back to acting like responsible reasonable adults like society needs. Grow a set and understand not everyone thinks the same way and getting "offended" is a waste of time. Core values are key. Undermine those is a express elevator ride down into chaos. Canada/USA and its core values are being eroded away by bad choices and worse judgment in political power right now. Corruption and theft at the highest level. Really what did people expect? They impeach a president for lying about getting a little side action in oval office and basically hand over the title of president to a criminal. Our circus idiot wants to make anal sex legal at 16 and thinks a multi billion dollar deficet is good business. Core values and leaders willing to go the distance keeping those values in play. That is what North America needs both sides of the border.

Can't imagine what those families are going through.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
America is an f'd up country, glad we don't seem to have this in Canada.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone see Trudough?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 169

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are almost to powerful. I have been against gun legislation in the US since the get go. However my opinion has changed a bit in the past few months. I find it hard that people on no fly lists, people on FBI watch lists and violent criminals can walk into Walmart and buy an AR or handgun. The US needs to toughen up some on gun ownership. Canada is way more strict than the US in my opinion. We need no new legislation as far as I am concerned.
I know our population is very small compared to the US but I am sure that per ca-pita we have way less incidents although we do have them and even the RCMP have been victims as well but as you mention the access to AR's in the state's causes more lives lost per incident this one being an example of that and the Florida one in recent times. There have been many others in the past all causing more life's lost than a typical hunting fire arm can.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am so sorry for those who live south of us in the United States. I finally get it. Yesterday I saw the movie "free state of Jones" and left the theatre thinking of the fear - fear that continues to this day. Fear that so easily leads to anger. Fear that puts not only neighbourhood against neighbourhood, but neighbour against neighbour Seeing the shooting videos yesterday, and the horrible news of the violence today, I cannot just change my facebook picture again to support law enforcement or decry violence. Americans, this is not about race. This is not about guns. This is not about bigoted cops, or the right to bear arms, or immigrants or drugs or white privilige or the gap between rich and poor. All of these are symptoms. This is about fear. You are afraid. That's what I see in these most recent shooting videos. Fear. And I don't know how you can stop being afraid of each other - so afraid that you need to arm yourselves either with concealed weapons or military weapons - wall yourselves up - shoot first regardless of consequence - keep others economically and socially down - write laws like "stand your ground" - allow groups like the KKK or the NRA to exist (yes - I listed them together - they both feed and live off the fear) - elect politicians that encourage fear with their retoric and policies... I don't know how you can fix this - your country is in the same fear and anger as one in a civil conflict - yet no conflict exists. I am so sorry. I pray that you can find your way back to trust again - somehow.
Unquote
I have reread this a few time's and I think this fellow is addressing Fear is the Illness and after he identifies what cause's the Illness and I am in agreement with most of what he express's as the cause's(i really do not know much about the NRA) which need to be corrected but unlike most illness's some of thing's identified as the symptom's can also use some direct attention as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom