'11 M8 Tether

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what everyone is using for tethers on their M series sleds, is everyone going with a tether from cat or is there an aftermarket one that someone can recommend? Also I know that this year of sled requires a normally open tether, so I'm wondering can the key be replaced with a tether?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilsner

Reaction score
I'm using a tether from auto parts store in place of the key, $10ish.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Key can easily be replaced. All you need to do is unplug it/ cut the wires and it'll run. I used a pro armor but there wasn't really a good spot to mount it, I had to cut a bunch of the rubber off the bars to do it.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a tether om my 08 M1000 for so long, I can't remember where I bought it or who made it.

If I recall there was an unused two prong plug that was buried in with all the handle bar wiring...connected the wiring to that plug and mounted the tether just to the right of the key.

bkoz

Reaction score
The P.O. of my sled tried a Kimpex tether. It was backwards compared to the Cat tether. I can't remember if the Cat tether is normally open or normally closed but it is backwards to most aftermarket set ups. I ended up going with the Cat tether to simplify things.

ajb1205

Reaction score
I went with the cat tether too... Super easy install.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Phantom Teth-Air works normally open or normally closed switch. It also has the roll-over switch.

Chris

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the cat tether in the end, easy plug and play. Thanks for the input everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom