101 Fixes using Cable Ties

wyodirtbagdad

Reaction score
In an effort for a little summer fun lets see all of the sled parts you've fixed using cable/zip ties to get a sled out or maybe hold a body panel together. There has to be some good zip tie stiches hoods or improvising clamps with ties pics running around. Post em up and lets hear the story.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 285

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used them for lots of things! My best one that I can think of is a throttle cable. It broke right at the leaver on the bats and made it work using zip ties! I used them to keep a windshield on a old zx summit once but they worked to good. We lost all the rubbers that hold the windshield on so used the zip ties instead, well the next time he rolled it the zip ties held so good it broke the hood! Lol. Then used more zip ties to fix the hood!

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoods, Windshields, Handle Bars, Throttle Lever and Ski Loops. Just to name a few. This is a great topic. Its sure bringing back a lot of good memories!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Babysitter.
They work good to tie kids together and to a tree while camping

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old hood on my M7 was held together by 57 zip ties. It was in three separate pieces and it worked extremely well believe it or not. It became known as the frankensled:) I pack zipties wherever I go, a million plus uses for them. Just don't cut them off at an angle...:rant: I can't count the amount of times I've reached into a vehicle, sled, quad etc and had my arm come out looking like something off a SAW movie.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used them to tighten handgrips to handlebars, also to reattach cv joint boots lots.

Top Bottom