1000rt summit/mach mods..........what have you done?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to run 8 tooth 3 pitch drivers to clear the 3" track Rick. There hardly smaller then the stock 2.52 9 tooth drivers, the sleds come with.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will like either of the tracks, I went with a 162" cause I am cheap and didnt want to buy a tunnel extension and rails, the track seemed to gain me as much
elevation on the hill as the BB and pipes did. Did you ever try the boonybox and twin pipes out?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to run 8 tooth 3 pitch drivers to clear the 3" track Rick. There hardly smaller then the stock 2.52 9 tooth drivers, the sleds come with.
thats the nice thing about the RT its the only factory sled you can run a 3" track without having to do a drop and roll.

i agree with ric though need a good deal on a track to make it worth while i think. drop 1500 on a track and drivers, not including install if you dont do it yourself probably close to 2g if you pay someone. sell the rt move to an xp with extra 2g hard decision imo.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you will like either of the tracks, i went with a 162" cause i am cheap and didnt want to buy a tunnel extension and rails, the track seemed to gain me as much
elevation on the hill as the bb and pipes did. Did you ever try the boonybox and twin pipes out?

never tried the pipes or bb yet....... Gonna milk everything out of current set-up, before bolting them in :)

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have done some work to mine just to make it dependable
lp fuel pump
k&n pods
fuel pump relay
foam removed
floating clutch from duck
gen2 skis
ran good last year now for some high poformance mods just have to install
jaws can
high comp heads
dynmo joe clutch kit
and a dynoport pipe

Last edited:

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you bend your nun was thinking about getting nun braceshow many miles did you get before it blew up?
Oh yeah. Got a 2nd broken nun in my other 1L! I m making a franken1L out of 2. Have some extra parts for sale. 35-3800 ish km before death

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a related note, anyone fixed broken rear lower a-arm mounts?Maybe i ll start a thread...

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rt has a ton of room in tunnel but like they said before with the different pitch you need to change drivers. As for rebuilding and regrease I would say around 5000km should be thinking about it

Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, i'll be doing a new pto seal and regreasing the pto crank bearing, and new domes and possibly rings and a mild porting job by bikeman and rad reed valves and bikeman pipe mod soon. Think i have about 3500kms on the '07 engine......

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a new top end and grease after 3500-5000 is not bad thats a lot better than the rmk 900 i just bought the motor only last 1500 i like ski doo any one want to buy a polaris lol

summitkid600

Reaction score
i was wondering will a 162x3 inch track and drivers off a 2009 summit xp fit a 2005 summit 1000 rev 162? i was wondering if both sleds can use the same drivers or if the shaft is different?

Canuck 1

Reaction score
06 summit 151 with 3400kms.
- 07 remapped
- 8 tooth drivers
- ceramic coated y pipe,pipe and HPS can.
- Dalton Brute Force arms,10 gram pin and 10 gram rollers with 412 ramp.
- 44-36 secondary ramp with a purple / purple spring preload of 160-320.
- All under hood foam removed
- HPG X shocks on the front suspension.
The ONLY problem I've had with this sled is people telling me that I should have problems with this sled!!!
This sled pulls hard and can be feathered through tight spots ( trees etc.).

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have a handle riser on it i'm thinking about adding one to mine. mine 1000 is stalk and is hard to pull over and side hill

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just finished putting in new spx coated hi-perf pistons and cylinder top repair..... Standard size as the cylinders were like new...... Almost reused the old pistons as they were like new....... Tricky job putting the cylinder back over the pistons, while the engine is in the sled......wow. Put new bikeman domes in the cylinder head and a new bikeman perf can and thinner cylinder base gasket...... Will reclutch and regrease the pto side crank bearings when we get back from mm5..... Will probably send the pipe out for the "bikeman" mod as well at that time? Or maybe wait until summer.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you runing your booney box?
when you reprogrammed did it take away the black snow feature that these things are famous for? have to send mine in to get that done it makes the snow look like spiled choclate milk when i get stuck. lol

Top Bottom