1 st day \Grooming Whitecourt Trails

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
started 7 am towards Groat Creek campsite and all points inbetween, we filled in creek crossing, some erosion ditchs,cut trees out of way, 7 .30 IM home, pooped..off to Tom Hill Tower road tomorrow..
Alex is grooming Eagle staging area .we are running the Snowcat without the groomer behind, easier to fill in holes and pack the initial trail down.I am one of 2 apprentice operators. LOL

we are doing this for you whiners from the city ! lol

Attachments

• Snocat at work.jpg
    Snocat at work.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 42
  • Ken & Snow Cat DEc 10-12.jpg
    Ken & Snow Cat DEc 10-12.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 39

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ken need a apprentices apprentice maybe i can follow with my new sled that doesnt need groomed trails. Good job guys !!!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very jealous!!!!!!!!!!!
Yours is BIGGER
Yours have 350HP and mine only has 180HP
One of the best groomer machines out there and you get to apprentice on it -- I want to come out for a ride along

Just headed out on a 0 degree day to take our groomer from summer storage and prep for winter
Clean, Refuel, grease, tighten etc etc etc
Good times in the groomers

Keep the pictures coming
Us old farts like to see the groomers in operation and on the trails
Have a great day

Last edited:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, not driving yet, im the gopher that cuts the trees out of way! no, we take turns doing that; mainly to watch the track on right side from hitting chit. trail is pretty narrow in spots. but theres 2 ft of snow towards Edson..
some Ahole stole the Yamaha Generator we had our Groomer plugged into last night at the Eagle Staging area.

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, not driving yet, im the gopher that cuts the trees out of way! no, we take turns doing that; mainly to watch the track on right side from hitting chit. trail is pretty narrow in spots. but theres 2 ft of snow towards Edson..
some Ahole stole the Yamaha Generator we had our Groomer plugged into last night at the Eagle Staging area.
Probably the 'neighbours'.

dmax_silvia_s13

Reaction score

Speaking of this, is there supposed to be a generator or something at the Groat Creek Cabin for the lights? Just wondering if someone stole that one too as I was there Saturday and it was awfully dark in there without one haha. But on the other hand the cabin is amazing. You guys did a great job.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of this, is there supposed to be a generator or something at the Groat Creek Cabin for the lights? Just wondering if someone stole that one too as I was there Saturday and it was awfully dark in there without one haha. But on the other hand the cabin is amazing. You guys did a great job.
You have to supply your own gen set. We just wired it up for when theres a rally, or the VIP ride in January goes there the folks running it can have lights etc. All the club's cabins are wired like that.

Top Bottom