'09 xp

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at some mods that are not too expensive and provide "best bang for the buck". Big bore is not an option just yet, wifey will kill me for sure. Open for all other sugestions though.Stock except for mbrp can.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat man except my wife is going to kill me with the goodies I've ordered already. Def go with a clutch kit.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The single pipe gains zip.....a little with a big bore at elevation. Y-pipe has some gains....either Dyno or Crankshop (same thing). SLP or BRP cold air intake helps for the fluffy powder days. Easiest engine power adder is a higher comp head. I prefer the RKT as his combustion chamber allows for a much leaner jetting. Dynamo Joe clutch kit works wonders in the clutching dept.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a head and do the airbox mod. had the head on my 08 and it worked awesome.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been talking to Darrell at Racers Edge, gonna get him to set up my clutch. The bolt on stuff i can manage myself, but I have a feeling he's gonna talk me into a lot of chit.....his suspension looks sick, maybe next year.:d

polarbeardn

Reaction score
First thing I did to my new 08' 154 was put on a set of boysen rage cage reeds, and after winning a local drag race I installed a Bondi Air box and it is great! Next was a MBRP can that isn't much louder than stock, which is kinda funny, and a set 5 side door vents for the clutch, and opposite side. A set of drop brackets, and relocated Axel kit. And I loved it all! My cousin has exact same sled but only has a snow stuff on it and I eat him by two sleds in make up drag races, and I'm 75-80 Lb's heavier.
This year is an engine-tech billet head with 14:1 domes, and a SPI Y pipe, leaving actual pipe alone for now. But will be going to avgas due to heads. If that's not enouph, I'm going Nitrous next and a Team secondary! But all in all I think the best bet is the rage cage and bondi box combo made a great increase for me, SLP air pettels were cheaper but I liked the bondi bolt on for initial warranty purposes even though they were 4-5 X more expensive. Now after warranty runs out, I might install them also.

doodeep

Reaction score
hey this might be way to simple for ya but just changing your gearing is a great step if you havn't yet. depends what you ride in but for me in the deep stuff it makes a huge difference to gear down.whent from 21 to 19 on the top ...very noticable more consistent track speed while climing

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct. Joey's ramps push a little harder on the low end than the 441's, but the finish is pretty similar.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
DaveB is correct, the 2009's XP's don't require a ramp change like the 2008's, but it does make the DJ kit a more complete package throughout the entire speed range as they are matched to his helix performance.

Top Bottom