09 XP Suspension Settings

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought an 09 xp and want to set the suspension up for my weight etc etc. The problem I have is that skidoo no longer has the sample chart showing the settings on each part of the suspensios like they did on the revs. Does anyone know if there is such a beast for the xp's or is there someone with any recommendations..............thanks

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought an 09 xp and want to set the suspension up for my weight etc etc. The problem I have is that skidoo no longer has the sample chart showing the settings on each part of the suspensios like they did on the revs. Does anyone know if there is such a beast for the xp's or is there someone with any recommendations..............thanks

You'll have to start with installing the largest rear springs that BRP builds, FATTY!!!!!!!:d:d:d Oh and loosen the rear skid tensioner straps off as far as they can go and pin it.:d:d:d

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have to start with installing the largest rear springs that BRP builds, FATTY!!!!!!!:d:d:d Oh and loosen the rear skid tensioner straps off as far as they can go and pin it.:d:d:d

Always a joker in the crowd - VTF buddy!:d

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Luc when i set up our 153 08 xp much the same as other sled set rear ajustment so it only drops 1.5ish" down with your FULL gas can on after that snow conditions make a differnce as you know. lots of powder down with limmiter stap up with it down here to trail ride. Front good luck found no happy medium with it either bottom out with ski lift or very choppy and felt like it wanted to roll. Hope the changed there calibration from 08 to 09. But i am not a xp fan but my wife likes it. Got my dream sled last week no more dirty hands on the hill. Hood will only be off to show it off .

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Luc when i set up our 153 08 xp much the same as other sled set rear ajustment so it only drops 1.5ish" down with your FULL gas can on after that snow conditions make a differnce as you know. lots of powder down with limmiter stap up with it down here to trail ride. Front good luck found no happy medium with it either bottom out with ski lift or very choppy and felt like it wanted to roll. Hope the changed there calibration from 08 to 09. But i am not a xp fan but my wife likes it. Got my dream sled last week no more dirty hands on the hill. Hood will only be off to show it off .

Thanks for the input..........I'll have to do the trial and error thing to get it set up I guess......I heard about your little purchase the other day at Randy's shop. What exactly did you buy?

Top Bottom