09 xp secondary problem! need help!

Sledneck911

Reaction score
i was riding this weekend and the the piece on the secondary that has the two allen key bolts on it for adjusting the clutch kept on backing out! i have seen the aftermarket part i need to buy but i am going riding this weekend and prob wont beable to get the part in time! anyone have any suggestions on what to do? any help would be appreciated!

Brap

Reaction score
Needs to be re loctited and tightened back up with a pipe wrench. Then tighten the allan screws to get the required belt height and then tighten the lock nuts. If worst comes to worse you can totally remove it and the belt tension will be pretty close anyways. I had one totally fall out thays how I know lol. Rode for a week without it

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue loc-tite.

Don't bother with any aftermarket ones, the ski-doo aluminum one is fine. Take it out, clean up the threads, loc-tite and crank it in there good. You will need a large crescent wrench or something suitable to grab ahold of it.

I actually made a tool to remove and instal them, its basically a box that covers the deflection adjuster and has a socket welded to it.

Sledneck911

Reaction score
right on thats what i was gonna do but just wanted to know what everyone else was doing! thanks for the info guys!!

Top Bottom