09 xp rpm issue

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are experancing low rpm on a 09 800r with your engine only getting around 7500-7800 and the clutch is set proper there has been some dpm solenoids sticking from factory and not giving you full rpm.Remove the air box and unplug the solenoid spray some wd-40 on the solenoid tip and activate it with 9 to 12 volt DC to see if it is clicking, if does not move give it a light tap.(Not a hammer like most would like to do to BRP right now)LoL .you will need7/32 socket to remove the hold down screw for the solenoid.

Cowboy151

Reaction score
Good tip. What are the screw sizes in the 09 primary clutch. I'm running extra weight pins in my 08 but just switched up my secondary helix and am suspecting to lighten pin weight but looking for a baseline. :cool:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did mine last night my solenoid wouldn't even work:rant:.Did the wd-40 and the LIGHT tap on the side and it started to work.Rpm was back.Took the primary apart cowboy151 and the have 12mm set screws (1.68 g) pins (12.4 g).Heading out this weekend and taking some different weights with me to see if I can clutch it.:d

Top Bottom