09 XP no spark issue

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, need some help here. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. Today while out riding, everything was going great, and all of a sudden...all my lights started going off on my dash. The speedo, and tach needles were going back and forth also. I stopped, and the sled sounded like it was misfiring. I shut down, and pulled the plugs. Non PTO side was plug was wet. Installed new plug. Fired up sled. Sounded good. Took off...lots of power for a couple minutes then back to same thing again. No it's saying check key also. Checked plugs again...same thing non PTO side wet again. Changed out plug, started sled. Everything is good. Take off....2 minutes later....same damn thing, firing funny, and all lights coming on. Spark seems very low on that one side. Wife picked me up hauled sled home. Waiting to bring into dealer tomorrow. I need this fixed asap as I only have 5 more days off before going back to work and want to get in as much sledding as possible. So just wondering if this has happened to anyone else yet, electrical issue? Computer?? What?? Thanks.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the issue due to a hole rubbed through the boot of my plug wire. Also white wire going to stator was close to coming apart, so took care of that as well. FYI.

Top Bottom