09 xp issues?

woodnailer

Reaction score
Hey guys, my brother inlaw is just getting into mountain sledding and he has his eye on a xp, just wondering if therr is any issues or red flags with these sleds any help would be greatly appeciated.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 was a pretty solid machine. one thing to consider upgrading would be s-36 front suspension kit if he plans on doing just mountain riding. makes the sled easier to handle.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines been pretty good, one thing I would look at/keep an eye on is the oil consumption. If it seems high, the cable is more than likely going and hanging up. If it breaks on a 800 it goes wide open so you wont blow a motor but something to watch.

Just ripped mine completely apart and after 2100 mountain miles crank was still perfect so I just repacked the bearings while it was apart, put in a new top end even though I was still at 130/135 for compression, changed a motor mount, and the throttle cable. Pulled it apart for preventitive maintance because $800 for my rebuild was cheaper than a potential $2000 heli flight out of a back bowl somewhere and now I know I'm good for another 2000+ miles no problem.

woodnailer

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback its really appreciated, and to think he was thinking of buying a 09 800 poo, luckily i talked him out of that before he did.

Top Bottom