09' Summit Handle Bar Bag - install?

KME

Reaction score
looking for some help...just bought the handle bar storage bag for the summits, which fits on the riser block and has the small heating elment.

When I bought this the guy also sold me the kit for heating visors. In looking at this when I got home, i don't see why he sold me the kit and if the kit is needed, looks like I need another attachment.

Has anyone installed this? Have any tips?

Cheers -

Mister Bee

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the heated visor plug is where you plug in the heater for the handlebar bag.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i just picked it up from Riverside as well. I assume you bought the smaller one for the summit (yellow and black), not the big black one. Looking at the directions it appears there should be a open connector under the hood, not to far from the Riser for it to plug into. I got home to late tonight to take a look at it, this weekend I will. I do not think you need the visor kit for the smaller one. Worst case take it to the fuses.

KME

Reaction score
Cheers man...in looking at the directions it doesn't look like you need the visor kit as the plug for the end of the visor kit is the same as the plug at the end of the heating element kit - where they plug into sled's electrical system.

I wish it was a simple as pluging into visor kit as though it were a visor??

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gents there is a wye in the wiring on the left hand side up on top of the air box just plug it in you can get a pliter from brp that leaves room for an extra plug visor plug or 12 volt accesory plug

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big fingers is right. The accessory outlet is just below the dash near the circular drill-out area that is just left of the steering post on the dash. You need to get there by removing the airbox, drilling the hole, and fishing your wire thru your new dash hole. Instructions for this should have come with your acc's. If you already have a visor plug adapter on your dash, then someone has beat you to this install, and you don't need the wiring install kit, except for the 'pliter" if you want to plug both heaters (bag & visor) in at the same time.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheers man...in looking at the directions it doesn't look like you need the visor kit as the plug for the end of the visor kit is the same as the plug at the end of the heating element kit - where they plug into sled's electrical system.

I wish it was a simple as pluging into visor kit as though it were a visor??

You need the female end put on your sled. The kit he sold you should be the female "on the sled plug" just find the plug on the sled and drill the hole for the female visor plug in the dash/console of your sled. I did this not to long ago. Now for the bad news the heater barely does anything. I thought it would clear fogged googles or keep chocolate bars soft. Mine doesn't, I can barely tell its working. A friend of mine didn't want to bother spending the $ for the visor kit so he just puts those glove heater (hand warmer) things in his and it works better then mine.
I love the storage, I just expected more from the heater.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also its easier to drill the hole with the console off. There is a dimple on the back to help keep your hole centred.

Top Bottom