09 summit bogging in deep powder

pocho1636

Reaction score
My summit is bogging out when playin in deep powder. Sled has the 08 screen put on it and always tryin to keep in clean. When it starts bogging i will shut it down for 10 mins and then its good to go again and back to normal until it hits powder again. Any ideas of the problem or anything i can do will help thanks

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did when I owned a summit, give it a try and see if it goes away, if not move onto the nxt thing

Solar6402

Reaction score
I had to put on a timbersleds fresh air intake on my xp and re jet, added HP, lost weight and never chokes in the deep!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope, should i be running them all the time??

You should run your carb heaters if you have a concern that you are icing up your carbs. Don't run them in warm conditions as you can vaporlock your carbs and it will be very hard starting. Something to look into if this doesn't stop the problem. I saw a number of 09 800R Summits have faulty carb sets. They can have a partially plugged passageway internally that will make you chase the symtoms till you are blue in the face. In almost all years this is extremely rare except for 2002 and 2009 800 model years. Good luck!

pocho1636

Reaction score
well hopefully this carb heater will solve my problem cause its pain in the ass when your out riding.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all your DPM hoses make sure that they are all on. Mine did that and I thought it was an air intake issue, but turned out to be a hose that I forgot to put on.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 08 I had the same issue. I found it to be the location of the air intake that caused it to bog in the deep stuff.What I did was dril a few small holes in the air box cover them with panty hose. This solved my bogging problem since it would give it a bit more air when the intake became clogged.On cold days I would just duct tape over the screen when not needed.Nothing more annoying than playing in the deep and you sled bogging right when you need it!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well this is something that has been discussed over and over again. Lots of ideas that peeps have used. I was frustrated with the 08 and tried lots of things. What worked for me was the installation of a SLP vent in the upper air box. I did not need to connect it to outside air (ie snorkel although many did) and it worked just great. I did the same thing to my 2010 and added another vent (so that was 2 SLp vents) above the gauges (again without using the snorkel kit) and that machine works great in the powder.

I used the duct tape to sort of make sure that everything was sealed.

100_2960.jpg

Top Bottom