09 m1 long pull bog

Gregb

Reaction score
I have an 09 m1 that has bogged right out twice on me when taking a long pull at a hill. luckily both times i got it turned around started it back up and just took easier line. i am thinking maybe its a sensor?? any help would be appreciated

i have vforce reeds, speedworx y pipe, mbrp can and hi flow intake, stock clutching and it has been pulling 74-7500 rpm.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check throttle safety switch. Also, you didn't mention if you are running a fuel controller? If you aren't - you should be. This may be a lean bog when running WOT.

Relic

Reaction score
High my sled did same thing last year on long pulls and found right side motor mount need to be replaced.Ride with 4 1000 along with my and found all of them to take out right side motor mount. Rubber seems to be to soft. Also check lower right side they will move on shaft and become out of sevice.

Bummer

Reaction score
I have the same problem as well and the same mod + a fuel controller. It is getting so fat on the mag cylinder it fouls plug right away! Taking it to the dealer today and will keep you posted what we find!!:confused:

Gregb

Reaction score
I was told that you only needed a fuel control box if you went to a single pipe, not required with the y pipe and can. I have also been told by numerous people that they are a pain to run, whihc i the reason why i stayed away from the pipe and control.

I will check the mtor mounts, did you just replace them or are their better ones that you can get. Keep me posted if you find out any more.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that you only needed a fuel control box if you went to a single pipe, not required with the y pipe and can. I have also been told by numerous people that they are a pain to run, whihc i the reason why i stayed away from the pipe and control.

I will check the mtor mounts, did you just replace them or are their better ones that you can get. Keep me posted if you find out any more.

Running a y-pipe without a box is flirting with disaster. The fuel pressure isn't consistant from one unit to the next. I personally know three people with a y-pipe and can on thier M1K's - two burned down, one didn't. Check and read your plugs and wash @ WOT - I'm betting you're a tad lean.

Top Bottom