09 Grizzly

b.kosty

Reaction score
HMF Pipe on grizzly to loud

My hmf pipe is soo loud, Anyone else have this problem, just to loud of a tone, causing migraines, gotta ride with ear plugs, Do you think if i were to custom fab something to lower the pipe abit so the bumper is not blocking the flow from the tip? Its like 1/2 inch. Would it cause stress on block?

rancher

Reaction score
do u have a quiet core in it.If not try that. Hmf are louder than most

b.kosty

Reaction score
Yea i do have it but the rear bumper blocks about half of the flow, which then kinda echos back in a much louder way, I have my bumper off right now to do some service and it sounds so much better, perfect, the way it should with it being able to free flow. Im thinking about trying to lower the pipe mount 1/4 of an inch and maybe torching out another 1/4 inch out of the area on the bumper.. Yeaa? Nay?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea i do have it but the rear bumper blocks about half of the flow, which then kinda echos back in a much louder way, I have my bumper off right now to do some service and it sounds so much better, perfect, the way it should with it being able to free flow. Im thinking about trying to lower the pipe mount 1/4 of an inch and maybe torching out another 1/4 inch out of the area on the bumper.. Yeaa? Nay?

get a different tip for it you can get tips that are on a 45 degree angle you might be able to just point that tip down and avoid the bumper.

Top Bottom