09 Dragon Problem!

sakoboomer

Reaction score
Polaris 09 Dragon

It will not idle and if it shuts down it is almost impossible to get started quickly. Looks like it is flooding itself. Dealer wants to install new throtle body. I am not sure that is the problem. I suspect the injectors or ECM. Anybody else out there had this problem? Right now I am ready to buy a Ski Doo!

Thanks!

butteboy21

Reaction score
i dont know alot about the dragons but i had 5 friends buy 2010 dragons and they all burnt down in the mountains the same weekend. I read up on them and it seems that they are having a major fuel system problem with them. It didnt say what exactly was going wrong in the fuel system either. I was really looking at getting one last year but stayed away from them after reading the problems they are having. Polaris said that they fixed the fuel system for the 2011 models.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
suspect TPS needs a calibration? Or possible voltage regulator issue. Mine had the same issue with the idle/hard starting, was the TPS out of adjustment for the idle fix, will see how it does this weekend. Good luck, keep us posted on the issue. :beer:

Stumpy

Reaction score
Polaris 09 Dragon

It will not idle and if it shuts down it is almost impossible to get started quickly. Looks like it is flooding itself. Dealer wants to install new throtle body. I am not sure that is the problem. I suspect the injectors or ECM. Anybody else out there had this problem? Right now I am ready to buy a Ski Doo!

Thanks!

YEP MY 08 DRAGON JUST BLEW MAG SIDE JUG ANOTHER 2000+ POSS COMMANDER MODULAR TO REG FUEL JUST BUT A YAMAHA OR DOO AND STOP THE BLEEDING POO LIKE ME ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE :mad::mad::mad:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know alot about the dragons but i had 5 friends buy 2010 dragons and they all burnt down in the mountains the same weekend. I read up on them and it seems that they are having a major fuel system problem with them. It didnt say what exactly was going wrong in the fuel system either. I was really looking at getting one last year but stayed away from them after reading the problems they are having. Polaris said that they fixed the fuel system for the 2011 models.

wow really all on the same weekend

sakoboomer

Reaction score
They installed a new voltage regulator all ready. The TPS tested ok so I am thinking it either has to be injectors or ECM. The dealer is wanting to install a new throttle body, don't really see how this will fix the problem.

sakoboomer

Reaction score
Yea I am looking at a new Ski Doo. My son just bough one and it rides very well and the really sweet part is it starts and idles very well. The part that fustrates me is that Polaris seems to have no real answers to this problem!!! I mean come on this engine is just a couple steps above a chain saw engine and they cannot seem to be able to figure out how to control the fuel and prevent engines from melting down!!! Get real, I don't understand how Polaris can tolarate the negative press this issue is generating!

sakoboomer

Reaction score
TPS is testing ok but it could be a problem. ECM has been reflashed twice already. Still does not run worth a flip.

butteboy21

Reaction score
ya, and i believe it was the first or second day of there trip. They were pissed to say the least, cut there trip from 6 days down to 3. Someone always had to rent a sled for a tow sled. They said they would burn one down and tow it back, go back out for a little bit then tow another back. The only good thing is polaris covered the motor and as soon as they got there sleds back they all sold them.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPS is testing ok but it could be a problem. ECM has been reflashed twice already. Still does not run worth a flip.

My quad did this once the tps tested ok but it was right at the top end of the range they give you for a spec, adjusted it to the center of the range and tada runs great. Not really related quad to sled but worth a try.

Top Bottom