09 600 RMK shift won't idle?

Reaction score
O.K. so we have a brand new 600 rmk shift, we are out for our second ride ( - 20 C) outside and about 20 min into the ride the wife tips it onto it's side in the deep stuff ( slow motion new rider ). The machine shuts off and we put it back on it's track. When we try to start it it won't start? if u give it some gas it will start but it would not stay running under 3000rpm. So I drive it for a few miles like this to see if it will smarten up, The throttle is very touchy ,little bit on the gas and it really want,s to go. and as soon as u let off it shut's down? I get it home and pull the plugs they are fine. Let it sit for a day and try it again the next, same thing but now it is back firing when we are starting it up? Took it to the dealer and they said it was loaded up with fuel? all they had to do was pull the plugs out and it ran fine for them. now for the question. Am I going to have to pull the plugs after every time this thing gets tipped over? is there something with the clean fire engine that is faulty? Or could it be that there was some gas line freezing going on and when they brought it in to the shop it thawed out? Any one else seen this?

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the same sled. Have not encountered your problem. Who is your dealer? Have had ours to the mountains and it is a strong sled.....as good as the 04 700 RMK we replaced. One problem we did encounter was the sled pulling back the RPM when coming down the trail hard from the mountain. May have been over revving because had the 10-58 weights in it. Have thrown more weight into the clutch and will take it for a rip on the weekend to see if it happens again. Any other problems with your sled?

Reaction score
No other problems, sled pulls hard when its running right! Did u change out the resistor to the non-ethanol one? Gotta go pick it up this weekend from the dealer and try her out again.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had mine on its side plenty of times (first time in the mountains) never had any problem getting it started again.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No other problems, sled pulls hard when its running right! Did u change out the resistor to the non-ethanol one? Gotta go pick it up this weekend from the dealer and try her out again.

Yes running with the non-ethanol plug in it. Have the foam stripped out on the clutch side for more air movement, dropped the limiter strap all the way out, removed the inner set of boagie wheels and put a MBRP can on it. Can was 10 pounds lighter than stock one. With the 10-58 weights was pulling 8300-8400 RPM at Clemina and Renshaw......a little too high especially for the trail down. Great gas mileage.

Top Bottom