09 1000 Injector Problems?

sebrook

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there has had a 1000 motor problem that's been attributed to injector problems. If so did you recieve any kind of warning flash on the gauges and what did the damage look like. Being told there has been some problems with them by service guy but that there is no test to say for sure that they are bad. After dealing with a motor problem that I can't figure out what caused it I'm willing to believe almost anything but at almost $500 a pop I don't want to jump in blind. Let me know if anyone has anything to offer.

1badhusky

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but it does seem like the m1000's had 2 different sets of injectors or something. 1 set would cause all sorts of problems b/c it didn't deliver enough fuel. The other was delivering plenty of fuel. I get plenty of fuel from mine. I think this is what makes it hard for people to mod the sled - it's almost like 2 different engines - so you get a map for good injectors and if you've got bad ones, it doesn't work. This is all theory coming from a non-mechanic, so take it for what it's worth - probably nothing. :) but I have been following this for 2 years now and reading everything about it I can find. And my sled hasn't blown up yet, so there's that. If you're worried about it, do what I'm doing and get the PCV w/ the autotune. It should run perfect and if it doesn't run right, you've got injector or fuel pump issues.

sebrook

Reaction score
Appreciate the input. First time I had a problem I had a PCV on it. Didn't have Autotune though - just used map from speedwerx for sled with y-pipe and pipe with no air box mod. Second time didn't have PCV or y-pipe/pipe on it. It's getting new injectors and gonna have PCV back on it. Does autotune have the Air/fuel gauge?

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that our injectors cross with toyota injectors of some sort.
I found that TOYOTA Fuel Injector 1001-87650 is for an M7.
Also read that toyota injectors have different resistance but can't exactly confirm it. I also tried looking for a screenshot I might've taken but was unsuccesful. Maybe pull a part number off the injector and cross it at a toyota dealer, I know I seen it somewhere I just can't find it tonight.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Search internet for local diesel injection shop. They should be able to test or direct you to someone who can test your injectors for you. Cheap to get done then you know.

Top Bottom