08 XP - Venting Optional?

maxpower

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Summit XP, No Vents installed about 400 miles on my 377 belt. The belt still looks new, is clutch venting optional? Does anybody here run without vents?

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would highly reccommend venting!! Those 377 belts are awesome and hold up a long time, but with added heat it will strip apart wayyy faster.
My 08xp, we started with a bit of venting and just kept going the longer ive owned it. Good ol xp heat soak is the biggest power loss ive run into:mad:

maxpower

Reaction score
what type of vents are you running? JC's custom vents seem to be fairly popular and durable

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no vents on my '08 xp. I change the belt at the start of every season just because, I have averaged over 700 miles per season with 80% or more in the mountains each year.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what type of vents are you running? JC's custom vents seem to be fairly popular and durable

I have the Gill kit on either side panel. As well on the top of each side panel I got the little snow deflectors from brp but cut the backs out and holes underneath on the sidepanel for more air to flow out as well.:d

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no vents on my '08 xp. I change the belt at the start of every season just because, I have averaged over 700 miles per season with 80% or more in the mountains each year.

No vents on mine ,except in the airbox .Never have had belt issuses--4th season.

DOAKLEY16

Reaction score
i have frog skins on my 09 and never had overheating unless i was in low snow conditions to long.

Top Bottom