08 XP Dead.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We took my buddies sled out today to test it and after a couple of test runs it just quit. It started out and went 100yrds and died. It has no spark and plugs look fine. Help!!

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
tether, kill switch, bare wire behind chain case (or other ),module plug, coil, magneto?????

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like the kill switch is good and it is a new coil. The tether is suspect, what else should we look at?

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like the kill switch is good and it is a new coil. The tether is suspect, what else should we look at?

08's have a plug behind the chaincase that was a problem the rivet that holds the front cooler in touches the big plug and has worn through the wire insulation on some. Its kind of hard to see but look behind the chaincase (front side) and move the big plug the rivet hits the wires on the back side.

I read that^ and I hope it makes sense. I can get a pic tomorrow if you need.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Check the regultor connector. Make sure the Red and Black wires didnt rub out on the rivit.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news boys, the rivit was wearing through the wiring like you said and was an easy fix.
Thanks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common problem. There was actually a bulletin to protect that red/black wire if I remember right. Glad you found it. :beer::beer:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news boys, the rivit was wearing through the wiring like you said and was an easy fix.
Thanks.

I'm glad you found it the easy way. I found mine with the old front cooler delete:)rant:ROCK:rant:) When I was putting the rivets back in with the new cooler I saw the wire. I put my rivets in the other way so no more rub :d:beer:

Top Bottom