08 summit upgrade to s36

funrider

Reaction score
i'm looking for advise on cost to benefit of installing the s36 front end on my 08 summit don't have lots of extra cash to spend but would like to improve the ride I only ride in the mountains 2 or 3 times a year rest of the time around fort mac. thanks for any help bill

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those sleds are tanks. Have you tried disconnecting the sway bar yet ?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

funrider

Reaction score
yes I have and im a tall light guy average ability never get enough seat time

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for advise on cost to benefit of installing the s36 front end on my 08 summit don't have lots of extra cash to spend but would like to improve the ride I only ride in the mountains 2 or 3 times a year rest of the time around fort mac. thanks for any help bill

I put this kit on mine last year and really like it. I removed the sway bar when I first bought my sled, and then threw this kit on last fall, steers a little heavier now, but it lays over really easy. I have to take it a little slower on the corners now, but that's about it. I left the sway bar off as well, but I'm happy with the $$ I spent on this.

Sent from my iPad

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think the new kits from doo are the new RAS2 that come on the T3's, but haven't looked into it.
Changing the '08 to an S36 kit makes a big difference on effort required to roll the sled around from side to side. You'll find that it's a lot easier on your body at the end of the day, unless all you're doing is flat riding.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to rebuild my daughter's xp summitx that she wrote off, and she doesn't have much $$ .... So as economically as we can........ In no rush, because it will take her some time to gather $$
if you don't find anything Ric, she can have my '08 take off stuff.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks woody do you still have the stock rear skid in 3 wheel

The only thing I did to my rail was put the stiffeners on it. Still have the 3 wheels. I was kicking around going to a 3" track, but then I had to decide how much money I wanted to put in to my sled or snow check a new one... If the price of oil goes up, I'll probably snow check one, if it doesn't, then I'll hang on to my '08 as it doesn't owe me anything and it's running like a top.
Side note: I looked at getting the T motion skid and track as well, but thought I would see if the 36" kit would make enough of a difference, I think it did.

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Top Bottom