08 sportman 500 power needed

gdawg

Reaction score
with the 500 engine whats my best upgrades for power. i was looking at a pro circuit exhaust system for 500 is this worth it. what else can i do thanks.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do an exhaust right away, and depending on tire size I would probably do a clutch kit first then ECU.

You don't mention what mods you have, like tires, or type of terrain you ride.

gdawg

Reaction score
i got mudlite xtr's 27 inch. i like riding the mountains steep stuff, trails creeks and snow. i dont care for "Muskag" lol. thats all the mods i got

gdawg

Reaction score
where do i find an aftermarket ecu for my quad

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do something like a heelkicker clutch first to bring back a lower end from the 27" tires, then maybe a CDI or exhaust,.. but an exhaust is only as good as the air filter.

I am thinking you have a H.O. 500 so stock it should have some get up and go.

gdawg

Reaction score
ya its alright i just have a 800r ski doo with some mods and now i dont want to ride my quad. the power is no where in comparison never will be lol so im trying to do something with my quad to help it out. thanks and ya its a h.o 500

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya its alright i just have a 800r ski doo with some mods and now i dont want to ride my quad. the power is no where in comparison never will be lol so im trying to do something with my quad to help it out. thanks and ya its a h.o 500

Have you ridden a 800 renegade,.. monster insane power, don't need to mod one of those, just snorkel it

Top Bottom