08 Nytro MCX

devil

Reaction score
i've heard a few people complain about how weak the better boards are. they were cracking them, which i worry about since i'm 210ish before i get geared up.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also put F-bomo better boards on and they are twice as thick as the tunnel if not more. They are a great addition to the Nytro.

devil

Reaction score
2f54948c.jpg

i did the arms as well, don't have pics of them at the moment
173f6a38.jpg

been lazy on my own sled, and have been working on my cousins MXZ a lot, so not a whole lot done on mine.
got the new track in there, changed the torsion springs on the skid, got the old sliders off. subframe back on and some plastic on. Also started the install of the Wildchild steering post relocation.

still waiting on my new balljoints from alberta cycle before i put the control arms on.
my skinz float plate is here, projectors are here, oilite bushings are in the arms already, ready to go in.

all the sled needs is the ball joints to get here and to have me get motivated and put one day into it and it will be good to go.

First ride scheduled for Nov.21 :D

devil

Reaction score
been a while since i updated, a while ago i got the track,rail extensions, new sliders and stiffer torsion springs on.
then, more recently i put the front end back on, along with the new steering post. discovered my post relocation won't work with the aftermarket riser i have. today i got the oil change done, gear oil put in, handguards put on, seat and rear plastic put back on. And the boost controller is installed as well :D i'm probably forgetting about something else i did, but suffice to say, its coming together and won't take much more to finish.
cfd8f71c.jpg

0a4a593c.jpg

AND, as an added bonus here are the pics from my first trip this year.

15e7467b.jpg

But, there are still some hidden rocks. and some of them are huge and very well hidden.
f3a30e8c.jpg

:eek:wned:

the trailing arm is obviously done, both control arms are very bent and snapped off, tie rod is bent, sway bar endlink broke, ski might be reusable, shock is bent, speedo cable got eaten by one of the clutches when the body work was pushed in.

oh, and its my dads machine :smack: but thats almost no different than it being my machine.

edit, forgot to post the vid of crashing. i curse at the end so if your at work, or have kids around i warned ya

devil

Reaction score
c0ee1f4b.jpg

c69a0769.jpg

7d659c9d.jpg

f3ddb31a.jpg

ed80f977.jpg

took it for a quick rip down the street to check things out, get it warmed up, check for leaks, etc. only thing i noticed was a small amount of coolant spit out the overflow, not much though. between the ceramic coated exhaust, lower altitude than i'm used to, and the cool (-25C) air, the response and power was stupid! i just about fell off the first time i hit the throttle, and i wasn't wide open.
only part left is the float plate, i tried getting it on and it was fighting me to the end, just got fed up and decided to leave it off for now.

devil

Reaction score
performs awesome. rode bell for 3 days and then went to renshaw yesterday. bent the subframe again and had to straighten it a touch with 2 trucks in the parking lot so that the spring wasn't touching the arm. it took a pretty good hit to do that though and it didn't move from any of the other bangs it took afterwards.

also, sledbunnyracing, do you drive a red dodge? i'm pretty sure i saw you when i was driving to mcbride.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
performs awesome. rode bell for 3 days and then went to renshaw yesterday. bent the subframe again and had to straighten it a touch with 2 trucks in the parking lot so that the spring wasn't touching the arm. it took a pretty good hit to do that though and it didn't move from any of the other bangs it took afterwards.

also, sledbunnyracing, do you drive a red dodge? i'm pretty sure i saw you when i was driving to mcbride.

did you put the subframe brace in that t-nytro was selling?

devil

Reaction score
scroll up and you can see pictures of the one i made and put in. i did this just before t-nytro was offering his. i hit it pretty hard on the left side only while sidehilling, the left side was already weakened since it was bent and straightened last year. i'm not really that worried about it, these front ends bend, its a fact of life and i will just keep straightening it when needed, its simple enough to do in the parking lot in 10 minutes. then maybe next year i will look into a beefier aftermarket or reinforcing more.

Top Bottom