08 Nytro MCX

devil

Reaction score
I haven't really started a dedicated thread of my own, so here it is.
Stockness out at the cabin (except the adjustable risers which i've had from day one and i LOVE them)
n809085530_2354208_5484.jpg

after the turbo
P4120052.jpg

power makes you feel good, you no longer have to worry about not making it to the top. Instead you have to worry about hitting the bumps fast and hard and catwalking the machine, which can sometimes result in this.
S5300254.jpg

A beatiful view, and no headlight thanks to going over backwards (not the pic above) steering post was also bent, but still rideable. I have to say the new yamahas hold up nice, it dropped 10 feet over backwards and all that broke was the headlight, couple windshield bolts and the steering post bent.
S5300287.jpg

Bought the sled, and then turboed it and put in new drivers that was all last year, this year has some new toys. ceramic coated exhaust was first, finished the install tonight
866cba04.jpg

flex sections and header clamped in
the whole exhaust used to look pretty much like the Band clamps do
4dad6b13.jpg

me getting the oil lines on
f96ca2bb.jpg

and this is how she looks now, the turnup for the air filter is just added as well, to prevent snow/ice build up on the filter which causes power loss.
8dfccfa2.jpg

i've also got a new track in a box in the garage camo extreme 162x15x2.5, boost controller is at the dealer, and stiffer rear torsion springs going in (i'm 200lbs before i gear up). Also on order is a wildchild steering post to replace the bent one, and a steering relocation kit.

this year is going to be good :D

EDIT:

should add, the ceramic coating (and any further coating i get done) was done at Impact coatings in edmonton
track, extensions, and i'm sure other stuff later, purchased at specialty in edmonton
MCX turbo kit purchased and installed at Whitecourt Yamaha, also buying my boost controller there. VERY happy with the service i got, i dealt with Kelly.

I would recomend these places to anyone, anytime.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Turbo Nytro was built by Whitecourt Yamaha as well. After we got the clutching figured out this, these things are alot of fun.

devil

Reaction score
When they set my clutching it was bang on first try, put on a lot of miles and it was perfect.
i'm almost apprehensive to put the new track on in case it means having to change much with the clutching. I'm not afraid to admit it, i'm a clutching noob. But i'll do it and if it needs to be adjusted, then i will learn.

I can't wait to go riding.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they set my clutching it was bang on first try, put on a lot of miles and it was perfect.
i'm almost apprehensive to put the new track on in case it means having to change much with the clutching. I'm not afraid to admit it, i'm a clutching noob. But i'll do it and if it needs to be adjusted, then i will learn.

I can't wait to go riding.

Glad you clutching was "bang on first try". Kelly gave you excatly what I have. Well maybe I kept a couple things for myself. It works very well.

devil

Reaction score
i knew that was why, just saying i was really glad that it worked out perfect with the same settings.
how about for all the work you did getting it perfect for me, that i owe you a beer :beer: :p

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i knew that was why, just saying i was really glad that it worked out perfect with the same settings.
how about for all the work you did getting it perfect for me, that i owe you a beer :beer: :p

Ha, glad you are happy, was not looking for praise, I will see you on the hill one day.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the price of the turbo install from Whitecourt? I remember reading some threads of yours last year when shopping for a Turbo - is Whitecourt a better deal?

devil

Reaction score
whitecourt had done them before and knew how to set the clutches good, had a sled they let me do a test ride on, and a member on here referred me there. And Alberta Cycles service manager said right to my face that he is a bike guy and doesn't care about sleds, and wasn't willing to go get the mechanic from the back who installs the turbo kits to answer my questions. So i said cya later. I am still dealing with whitecourt for some of my other parts, i don't care if its a long drive to get there, i am more than willing to drive to deal with people that know what they are doing and treat the customers with respect. with avid drivers, setting the clutches, turbo kit, and install, was just over 10 grand. I haven't quit smiling since.

On another note, heres the sled as of now
f10b750e.jpg

gonna weld in bracing for the front subframe, removed the front sway bar, and did the 2mm mod to the upper ball joints. got a lot done for an afternoon that was supposed to just be cleaning the work bench and getting some relays?wiring off the supra donor car i have in the garage, lol.

yami

Reaction score
can you explain the 2mm mod on the ball joints. do you just grind that much of each one so they fit in the a arm further

devil

Reaction score
i actually have access to a lathe so it was a bit more precise than grinding, but ya thats the basic idea is to take 2mm off so that it sits in further, this causes more negative camber at the skis and everyone says it helps on the hard pack at higher speeds. here is a thread about it on TY TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha :: View topic - Front end Mod - Results

here is a good thread for some tips/mods that people have done for these machines
TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha :: View topic - FX Nytro FAQ

devil

Reaction score
well today i uber-beefed up the front end. this is it for welding on it for now.
before(pic borrowed from TY)
bb268e19.jpg

after
056d07a2.jpg

82ed8678.jpg

i was almost wondering about making a brace that goes from one sway bar mount to the other, since it is gone now, any thoughts on that one? only reason i thought of it was because of the pics of the 09 front end it shows another welded in brace in about the same spot as the sway bar mounts.

and i got a call from whitecourt today saying my parts are in, so maybe tommorow i will go for a drive and pick them up. Parts are Apex mountain rear springs, hand guards, and a boost controller. My projectors, steering post and relocation should have shipped today as well. :d

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with making the whole underneath covered in is that the skid plate will not fit . You have to leave the back section open if you want to use you stock skid plate and not hack it up.

The 2 piece kit we are making to stiffen the nytro subframe drops into the middle of the subframe in the inner square and the other will tie the two bottom main beams together. You will be able to keep your sway bar mounts in.

devil

Reaction score
lococoin
i ordered the stiffer mountain apex springs.

T-nytro
i forgot about that, but the rear tab on the stock skid plate always popped off on me anyways, and i am ordering the skinz floatation plate so i'll be good. It will be cool to see the kit your making available for people, but for me its enjoyable to make stuff anyways and didn't take that long.

I was thinking hard about beefing the arms up too, but i still haven't decided if i want to go with a timbersled front end later, if i do then its sort of a waste to spend time and money on the stockers.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awsome Thread Devil,Its interesting to watch guys build there sleds,Gives a guy lots of ideas when we decide to build our own,Make sure when its all done you post lots of pics!
catmando!

devil

Reaction score
i'll keep posting pics as i get them. i should have some more pics this sunday at latest, hopefully sooner.

still trying to rack my brain deciding how to beef up the running boards though.

W

woodies

go with f bombs running boards they rule

Attachments

• betterboards1.jpg
    betterboards1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 72
W

woodies

couple inches higher on the tunnel and thicker!you need to do this!

Top Bottom