08 Nytro Ball Joints

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I guess my Nytro needs a new set of ball joints allready, I don't even have a season let alone over 800 km on the thing. There totally worn out. Thats a few hundred extra to spend when I shouldnt have to. No Warranty, sleds an import :(

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess my Nytro needs a new set of ball joints allready, I don't even have a season let alone over 800 km on the thing. There totally worn out. Thats a few hundred extra to spend when I shouldnt have to. No Warranty, sleds an import :(

You do know this Sport is suppose to be FUN.
Did you just find out your Yamaha was a import?
Smile and try spreading some Happy News.
It's a Mod just leave your wallet on the counter.

W

woodies

go look in classifieds i bought whole front end for 200 bucks. lots for sale. and then you got every part as spare!

bcboy

Reaction score
that was a recall on 08s on certain serials numbers mine was used and a dealer fixed it for free

W

woodies

that was a recall on 08s on certain serials numbers mine was used and a dealer fixed it for free
ron's and my sled both came from states=no warrentty! sucks but for the dollar you can buy a lot of ball joints!:d also a word of caution to nytro owners watch the bottom of the spindle where the ski bolts, it will wear! and also the a-arm bolts and bushings! i replaced the plastic bushings with ULMER RACING brass bushings when i had front end apart. and heard stories about the bolts loosening!

nytrobrad

Reaction score
Saw the bushings in the a arms were getting pounded out on a buddies nytro. Dealer fixed his, mine and another budddies free.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have over 3800km on my timbersleds front end alone this year, and i think 1800km on the stock front end.. and not a single problem yet.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed it the other day when I had my Nytro up on the hoist. Quite a bit of play between the spindle and ball joint. Is the spindle worn or the BJ?? Bought Jan of 08 and only 2000K on it. What's the deal with that??? Seems a bit weak!!!!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check with your dealer or another dealer , sounds to me like those should be warranty. pm me your vins and i can chek it out after easter long week end, for the record we never changed any for excessive wear, but i do believe we do some on warranty updates,

T.

yami

Reaction score
thats a common problem. buddy got his out of states to no probs getting warranty just call them

W

woodies

thats a common problem. buddy got his out of states to no probs getting warranty just call them
haha my dealer heard states and basic hung up! he said theres no F in WAY! oh well, glad mine had been done before i got it! might have paid to at least been nice to a future customer! oh well his loss i just order my parts form the cat dealer!:d

Top Bottom