08 M1000 rear shock

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Has anybody had problems with the rear fox air shock on the 08 M1000, I have to pump mine up at least once per trip, I've had it back to dealer & it checks out fine when they look at it. Is there a change over to another shock and spring sytem?

1mgolf66

Reaction score
Has anybody had problems with the rear fox air shock on the 08 M1000, I have to pump mine up at least once per trip, I've had it back to dealer & it checks out fine when they look at it. Is there a change over to another shock and spring sytem?

I just bought a 08 1000 sno pro and the rear end sags and won't spring back.The air pressure is 125 psi. Hows the ride ???

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exit series X1 rear track shock for 08-09 M series are piggyback design that directly replaces your stock float shock. All come with HTC springs, and pre load adjustment standard. All X1 shocks come with an external compression adjuster, which allows the rider to fine tune the shock with the simple turn of a knob. All aluminum parts are anodized for a durable long lasting finish.
If anyone is intertested let me know.....we build the shock for the rider.....
BD

X1%20Coilover%20Rear%20Track%20Shock[1].jpg

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you dont want to spend themonry on a new shock call Dean at E&S Motorcycles in Fort Sask and tell him that I sent you and he will revalve your shocks for your weight and fill them with nitrogen rather then air and adjust the release valve, I did this on my 08 and it was a huge difference.

mattthegreat

Reaction score
what did dean charge you to do it or what would he charge cause i have had nothing but problems with my shock its been rebuilt 4 times and keeps blowing.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the chris burandt backcountry upgrade kit installed in the rear suspension shocks on my M1000 - all I can say is wow, what a difference. the sled finally has rebound, much better weight transfer, and a smoother ride on the trail then my holz skid with floats (now on wifey's sled). This is the best upgrade to any M-skid from 08-up, and considerably less then buying replacement suspension components. On a personal note, thanks go out to Tyler @ Nextech - good service at a reasonable cost - the turnaround time was quick to rebuild and revalve both shocks.

Reaction score
How much $$$ for one of these for my 09 m1000? I have been looking for a coil over the float in the back just does not work for me its ether to stiff or im bottoming out i weigh 150 lbs

Top Bottom