08 M1 stock track

Darrell262

Reaction score
Website
www.calculatedrisk.ca
I heard about reversing the stock 162 2 1/4 track around to get better performance due to the stock paddles being so soft and folding over. Is there any truth to this? Or would it it just rip the lugs off?
I tried my friends cat 900 with a powerclaw track and it pulled alot better then mine. I can't afford a new track right now so wondering if its worth the hassle to reverse the track

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago Kevin Hubbard did this for the Snowest deep powder challenge.
He said afterwards that it was a mistake as the sled trenched real bad.

Bowtie

Reaction score
I have a good 162 Power Claw for $300. I can get it to Valemount for Nov 11 if you're interested

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy in BC does this each season on his 06 M7! Says its the best, and rides great each season that he rotates his track. A pain in the ass for sure to change around, but rides best... All depends on how much you like hooking up and your riding style....

Darrell262

Reaction score
Website
www.calculatedrisk.ca
Well I have a few paddles ripped of the track and it does suck for traction. I am thinking that if it digs a hole in the powder that might not be a huge deal as its better then just spinning with no go forward juice lol

I wonder if spinning the track backwards will make the paddles rip off easier because the track was not meant to spin backwards?

Top Bottom