08 apex mtx 40th anniversary

doober

Reaction score
Gotta keep it for a while longer, love the sled just the weight is getting to me, where do i start without breaking the bank? We all know that you dont get the money back out of mods. The only thing done to the sled is a 19 tooth top gear, down from 20 (would one more tooth down be to much) and a 2.5 CE track, any advice is greatly appreciated. Turbo prices here are still about 8g so thats not an option for me.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The apex seat is a place to start for dropping a bit of pounds.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes seat is a huge Saving, also have a bender exhaust on mine and the stock one is 2-3 times heavier. the factory Skid is also a boat.

doober

Reaction score
What is a better replacement? Read the Cat skids work and are lighter? Are they a straight bolt on?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running a 08 Night fire cat skid on my Nytro and like it. I would do it to my apex too if I was to swap it out. Its just my river and ditch sled so not concerned with the weight so much

doober

Reaction score
I am running a 08 Night fire cat skid on my Nytro and like it. I would do it to my apex too if I was to swap it out. Its just my river and ditch sled so not concerned with the weight so much
Do the cat skids bolt right up? mine is a 162 mtx 16" wide whats the weight difference etc, ?

Top Bottom