08 700 hesitation

08rmk

Reaction score
hi i have a 08 700 rmk just wondering if anyone had or heard of a hesitation at about 4500 to 5000 rpm from dead stop or rolling start it seems to only happen at 6000ft plus i live in saskatchewan fand run good hear i just developed it last season took it in to polaris they cant find anything wrong. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

shiftrus

Reaction score
if you do a search on here you will find that its the mapping they use on our 700 and 800's. they all do it unless you get a commander 5 programmer. i currently do not have one but i havent pit a km on my 2010 yet. one thing to do is not let it stay in that rpm range for too long. just blurp the throttle alot when you ride in that rpm range. the problem is it runs to lean in mid throttle. i hope this helps.

08rmk

Reaction score
Thanks thats what i was thinkinking but they dont mskr s power commander for the 700 so im not sure what to do lol

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was it scanned for any codes? seems like a sensor problem as it only happens at elevation.I would check all sensor connections or have dealer to test all of them.

Minus40

Reaction score
Thanks thats what i was thinkinking but they dont mskr s power commander for the 700 so im not sure what to do lol

They make a power commander for the 700, same one as the 800. I had one on my 08 700 and yes they are very lean in that area.

08rmk

Reaction score
yes i had it scanned nothing came up they tested sensors said they were fine maybe ill have to try the power commander. thanks for all the input greatly appreciated

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it cough and spudder then just take off? My 08 700 did it for awhile and it was a censer. It was the map censer if i remember right? Cough and spuddered then took off. I ride from back home in Prince Albert to Red Deer up to the top of the hills in the west and it didn't matter what the elevation was. Its was about $140 for the censer. See if thats man, a shot in the dark.:Snowmobile1:

08rmk

Reaction score
Ya thats exactly what happens maybe ill try that i ride in prince albert its fine just higher elevations thanks for the advice

Top Bottom