08 450 quad

Doo-er

Reaction score
I have a friend that just picked up a 08 450 quad (two wheel drive). It has been running great but now it will not start with the electric start? If you pull it down the trail it fires up and seems to run like a champ? He has had it to the dealer and they can not find anything wrong with it and they are just shrugging their shoulders (I love dealerships). He has also been trying to get Honda tech on the phone but is having a problem there also.

So if anybody has had a similar problem or knows what is going on here PLEASE advise.

THANKS

Doo-er

Reaction score
Pulled the piston and found the piston rings in line and not spun 180 degrees

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the piston and found the piston rings in line and not spun 180 degrees

The rings will not be the cause of no electric start. If it starts by pulling the quad then likely you have an electrical problem with the starter, ie; switch, starter motor, relay, fuse etc. Do you have power at the starter when you push the start button? Does it turn over when trying to start? Does the starter make any noise when trying to start? Did you check fuses?

Doo-er

Reaction score
The rings will not be the cause of no electric start. If it starts by pulling the quad then likely you have an electrical problem with the starter, ie; switch, starter motor, relay, fuse etc. Do you have power at the starter when you push the start button? Does it turn over when trying to start? Does the starter make any noise when trying to start? Did you check fuses?

Starter would turn over but not start the machine? Mech said had to do with the rings having blow by? Put in new rings and runs like a champ and starts.

Sorry I wasn't clear about the starter working.....just not firing up.

Top Bottom