08/09 XP Spindle Spacers

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XP Spindle Spacers sold very well at the Edmonton show.

There is no drilling or re-adjusting the tie-rods for installation.

The 2010/11's now have a new steering post but if you want the gains without the labour and higher cost, the Spindle Spacers work great.

These spacers reduce steering effort by over 20% for the XP. The sway bar can be used with a small drilling modification.

I am offering a 60 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. (less freight)

$125 Can. plus freight/tax from Calgary.

Paypal or credit card.

pm me if interested or order on our secure online store.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how do they work?? and what do I gain again?? Any pics?

From what i gather they change the steering geometry by mounting the steering rod further back from the original stock steering rod position providing more/same leverage at a less central position on the spindle than factory (think about using a snipe) In theory it makes sense due to the leverage advantage given that there is zero binding issues with the steering rod. Thus his 20% steering effort reduction claims. but he1l i could be completely out to lunch. haha :d

If you look around a bit on his post you'll find that he has a website :
www.sourceinnovations.ca

Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
From what i gather they change the steering geometry by mounting the steering rod further back from the original stock steering rod position providing more/same leverage at a less central position on the spindle than factory (think about using a snipe) In theory it makes sense due to the leverage advantage given that there is zero binding issues with the steering rod. Thus his 20% steering effort reduction claims. but he1l i could be completely out to lunch. haha :d

www.sourceinnovations.ca

So do you have them on your sled?? Notice a difference?? I'm curious as I have never really had a steering issue, they're hard to steer??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

www.sourceinnovations.ca

Thanks and you are completely correct.

BRP also thought there was a problem so they changed in 2010. Simply put you will be less fatigued and get less feedback from rough hard snowpack.

It is quite noticable, especially in heavy snow. Here is feedback from one customer http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=386867

Chris

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 08 Chris,,, you saying I need theese,,,????

we will be ridng very soon now... cant wait,, whats the lil guy on this winter? and what r u ridig?

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledderdoc , No i do not have these spacers on my sled although iam considering them for my 08, i was just trying to explain them to you a bit better! cheers :beer:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 08 Chris,,, you saying I need theese,,,????

we will be ridng very soon now... cant wait,, whats the lil guy on this winter? and what r u ridig?

Got the new 154x Etec coming, but I would put on any 08 or 09 for sure!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all the guys that bought these, can you please post your results here. I know many of you told me verbally but I appreciate if you could just let others know. I understand that many of you are just getting htem installed now so please get back to us after your first ride.

For the guy from Onion Lake Sask, you did not give me an email with your order but they are shipping today.:beer:

Many thanks!

Chris

jwood99

Reaction score
For all the guys that bought these, can you please post your results here. I know many of you told me verbally but I appreciate if you could just let others know. I understand that many of you are just getting htem installed now so please get back to us after your first ride.

For the guy from Onion Lake Sask, you did not give me an email with your order but they are shipping today.:beer:

Many thanks!

Chris

opps sorry for leaving that out, thanks for the update!!! Will give an update after the first ride!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes any feedback from the guys that bought this season? We had a great weekend in Revy and some of you guys must have got out?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess there are real riders on this site that would rather be out sledding than sit in front of the computer? Over on Doo Talk I had at least one response.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Yes any feedback from the guys that bought this season? We had a great weekend in Revy and some of you guys must have got out?

I run a set on mine. I added simmons skis and my 08 was a bear to turn with the simmons and my shock set up (custom valves and sprung stock shocks). These spacers were quick to add onto the sled and did not have to re-align skis or anything, just a bolt on deal. My steering is now easier than a stock set up, and my shoulders thank me. I love the simmons skis, but jees they stiffened up the stearing. Thanks Teth-Air for a quality product.

I recommend this product to anyone that wishes to reduce the steering effort of their XP for whatever reason.

One note, you must adjust the sway bar link mount position if you run the sway bar attached. I just remounted the bolt hole about 1/2 inch back and bolted them back up and ground off the excess (on the aluminum piece). Many guys just pull out the swaybar, but I prefer it in. Pics in the above posts show the steering arm is now mounted a bit further back with the spindle spacer and there is no sway bar on that sled, since it would contact the steering arm.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a set on mine. I added simmons skis and my 08 was a bear to turn with the simmons and my shock set up (custom valves and sprung stock shocks). These spacers were quick to add onto the sled and did not have to re-align skis or anything, just a bolt on deal. My steering is now easier than a stock set up, and my shoulders thank me. I love the simmons skis, but jees they stiffened up the stearing. Thanks Teth-Air for a quality product.

I recommend this product to anyone that wishes to reduce the steering effort of their XP for whatever reason.

One note, you must adjust the sway bar link mount position if you run the sway bar attached. I just remounted the bolt hole about 1/2 inch back and bolted them back up and ground off the excess (on the aluminum piece). Many guys just pull out the swaybar, but I prefer it in. Pics in the above posts show the steering arm is now mounted a bit further back with the spindle spacer and there is no sway bar on that sled, since it would contact the steering arm.

Thanks "drop the hammer" I have a pic for that.

Attachments

• Swybar.jpg
    Swybar.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 238

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

did you ride the sled in the mountains since you installed the spacers and if u did,did you notice a difference?...Are these spacers mainly made for riding the trails since it reduces steering effort?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rudy, I know you are asking "drop the hammer" but I only ride mountains and this is what they were designed for.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

drop the hammer, I shouldn't hi-jack my own thread but I had Simmons on my 08 too and one of the best mods was to get some 1/8" stainless plates with studs and holes made to offset the ski saddles outward which brought the skis inward to a 36.5" center to center. Not the best picture but you see the ski loop off center.

Attachments

• DSC01614.jpg
    DSC01614.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 228
Top Bottom