08/09 XP Spindle Spacers

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I only ride mtns (only ride trail to get to alpine), remarkably easier on shoulders and arms. Thx Teth for the pic, that's exactly what I did, but I also cut off the tip of the aluminum piece for a more finished look (looks are a big thing for me)....hell I pull my engine to clean underneath:eek:

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Teth, I also run my skiis on narrow simmons setting and she lays over coming down hill very easily. I don't want any narrower, since I'm running custom valving and spring in front, it's perfect now that I've taken the heavy steering issue out of it with your spacers. I'm at about the same width as a 2011 X package when we compared them. Yours must be narrower?

drop the hammer

Reaction score
did you ride the sled in the mountains since you installed the spacers and if u did,did you notice a difference?...Are these spacers mainly made for riding the trails since it reduces steering effort?

Sorry Rudy I didn't answer your Q directly, yes huge difference in reduced steering effort. At least 30% easier for me now. I only have 3 days in mtns on these so far this year. I did not notice any diff in turn angle ability, although it does reduce it somewhat. Heading to Golden this weekend to play.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was an 08 and I got it down to nearly the same width as the 2011. Thanks "drop the hammer" for your positive feedback.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i just ordered the spacers can't wait to try them out because i took an 11 out and what a huge difference from the 09.When i get them installed i will have some feedback.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i just ordered the spacers can't wait to try them out because i took an 11 out and what a huge difference from the 09.When i get them installed i will have some feedback.

Thanks, as mentioned if you don't like them, return them (in a resonable time) and I will refund your money. Keep in mind it still won't feel like a 2011 due to the ski stance and shorter front skid shock but it will be better. Try dropping the top mount of the front skid shock 7/8" if you want to take some weight off the ski's. This mod also makes the rear suspension return to the top better.

Chris

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well installed the spacers about 2 weeks ago finally had a chance to take the out to Blue River...These things made the sled steering and handling so much better,plus removed sway bar and did the ski swap...I can actually say this was the most fun I had with the sled.Plus I tightened the limiter..Thanks Teth-Air

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I swapped the skiis as well as put these on and rode it today. It definately made the steering easier. Swapping the skiis didnt do the trail any wonders but its the trail...not why I own the sled. Was a bit hard to notice a huge difference as it was very windswept where I rode today.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Managed to find good snow sun, got away from the windswept and tracked out crap. I definately noticed a difference laying the sled over! Easier to pull on the bars when carving through the pow! These little items plus the ski swap made at least the 20% difference, which meant I could shred harder longer!
Thank you for these Teth-air!:d:beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom