07 Summit Electrical Shuts Off

summitking

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've had a couple times now with my 07 Summit 800. At the end of last year the sled took a good tumble down a hill in the spring, it needed a few cosmetic repairs but seemed fine. Next time I took it out I quickly noticed the electrical system didn't work. The sled seemed to operate alright but the gauges didn't work, when in reverse it didn't beep, no headlights, etc. Then about half way through the day it all of a sudden started working again. Now, I just finished riding it 3 days straight, no problems, then all of a sudden at the very end of the trip the electrical shuts off again.
I'm thinking there's a lose disconnection somewhere from the tumble down the hill? Does anyone have any suggestions as to where this lose connection is or if that is even the problem at all? Thanks fellas.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a relay. theres a thread about '06's doing this it's a relay on the left side above the airbox. About $7.00 from Canadian tire...$30.00 from BRP the other thread has part cross references

summitking

Reaction score
Thanks Summiteer. One of the links you provided me below may be a hint as to what's going wrong. The sled gets all bogged down I think because it's injecting to much gas. Last may was the first time it happened and I was sledding across a lot of water to get back to staging and I think it tripped one of the sensors inside. This past weekend there was huge puddles sledding down in West Yellowstone and I think it tripped the sensor again. Only time it's happened is when I'm in water. I'll see what I can do.

summitking

Reaction score
Replaced the relay and it works great, thanks Summiteer. I picked up the part for about $6 at Canadian Tire. I also tried a relay from Auto Value as it was more heavy duty but it didn't work properly. I'll be picking up another relay from Canadian tire to throw in my sled bag in case the problem ever happens in the backcountry.

Top Bottom