'07 Ski Doo Renegade 800HO issues

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Put a new bottom end (crank, bearings, seal) at the end of last riding season from a Skidoo Dealer.
This fall upgraded to a 16"x1.75" track. Dropped 2 gears in chain case. From the same dealer.

#1-had to tighten chain in chain case up twice now this season. Both times were in the last 2 weeks. Both times were pretty loose. Especially hear chain when gliding. Would the new chain stretch this much?

#2- Chain case running low on oil. Checked it 2 rides ago and was good. No oil on floor beside battery. No oil dripping on snow when sitting. Bits of filings in dipstick, but nothing major & no metal chunks. Chain case would of been opened up when doing the gears.

#3- On inside of belt cover there's a oily film. Would this coming off of belt? (been riding in some 0 celius weather & heavy snow) OR crank bearing seal going? Only has 600 miles on since rebiuld.

Any help?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chains do stretch but not usually that much that quick, i would say something wrong with adjuster. pull the cover and check out the inside shoe, also the top gear i have seen them come aprt really fast its pretty soft metal. As far as your oil i would see if your top seal might be leaking, this would leak across under the jackshaft and might get into your clutch cover. Would explain both problems. The oil wouldnt leak on the floor as much as run across and coat a bunch of stuff.
good luck.

Top Bottom