07 runs very poorly (sludge on raves)

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Just picked up a 07 the other day. I know nothing about it other than it supposedly has a rebuilt engine with 100kms, it still had half a tank of 40:1. Smelled like full synthetic in the oil tank, and I put a half a jug of brp semi-syn in there. I did mix a little oil in with the gas as well, prob a 100:1 ratio. I also re-sealed the y-to-pipe donut as it was leaking oil a bit.

On my first ride today, 5km in started to sputter and generally run like crap above 5000rpm. Turned around after about 10km and came home. I should add that it seemed to get a little better by the bottom.

I found a pretty loose hose on the mag side solenoid (mounted on carb) and no hose on the clutch side solenoid.

Pics might not be too good, but the valves were covered in as sludge-like goo which looks to me like there might be moisture in there. The 0-rings seemed good, no seepage. Tops of pistons are clean.

So wtf?Seems like waaay to much oil....Should I clean everything, drain the tank and just run straight gas?

Oil consumption seems normal....It has a timbersled intake if that makes any diffence. The needle is lowered a clip, and it has a shim. Plugs slightly fouled.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, gonna try again tommorow.

Attachments

• IMG_5058.JPG
    IMG_5058.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5061.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well any sled i ever buy i clean everything put new everything(grease,oil,gas,chaincase oil,antifreeze) in it that way i know what is in there and how everything looks like before i start riding it

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Went for a ride to 5000ft with a tank of fresh gas, definitely more responsive on the top end but still sputtering @ mid-range, plugs still black and oily, will raise a clip on the needle and report back.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus if u have a 07 800 r there is a updated guillotine so it doesn't break off.

I was on the up and up on revs last year but haven't had one for 2.

from my HTC

sledcruiser

Reaction score
Did it blow up yet?

Did you check the pro bearing for isoflex grease? Cause that oily crap looks like isoflex grease going through?

Has it got stock jetting? 470's?

you meant PTO bearing right?
;)

sledcruiser

Reaction score
haha just bugin you man. Ima gonna need another float kit. bought another rev :p

hijack out!

Top Bottom