07 rev 800 survey

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i think it was the xrs modles where the milled part of the case wrong so the bearing doesnt have space to expend and contract, another simple fix to this was to put a t-stat, but i dont know if that realy did, i was doing some readon on them case i was going to buy one, and if you had warrenty you would get the new 08 800r engine

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2700 km so far no crank problem, just pulled both exhaust valves to clean. They were actually quite clean but all 4 springs were broke and the chrome plating on the valves was peeling off. Sent pictures to dealer and they will warranty all parts :d

Well it happened,, first ride of the season for this sled, just after installing new rave valves, she locked up after about 20km.When it locked up I had just stopped to cross an oilfield road got to the other side and I could hear slight squealing from the mag side so I let off the throttle and it died. I have been having some discussions with the dealer and directly with BRP. I might have a slight chance of getting something as the gal I talked to at BRP said I had coverage to Dec. 09 :) but dealer said Dec.08:(. The next day I call BRP back to confirm that date again and they say Dec. 08:(. Dealer asks for the case# for that call so he can listen to that actual call and hopefully BRP will honor what was said to me:d. I am supposed to have an answer by end of today. Not looking to promising :(

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it happened,, first ride of the season for this sled, just after installing new rave valves, she locked up after about 20km.When it locked up I had just stopped to cross an oilfield road got to the other side and I could hear slight squealing from the mag side so I let off the throttle and it died. I have been having some discussions with the dealer and directly with BRP. I might have a slight chance of getting something as the gal I talked to at BRP said I had coverage to Dec. 09 :) but dealer said Dec.08:(. The next day I call BRP back to confirm that date again and they say Dec. 08:(. Dealer asks for the case# for that call so he can listen to that actual call and hopefully BRP will honor what was said to me:d. I am supposed to have an answer by end of today. Not looking to promising :(

I hope things workout for you, another 07 engine bites the dust. BRP should really step up for these owners.
I think I'll call the dealer today and see if there are any updates and such before mine craters.

snoking

Reaction score
I've got 1500 miles on mine, the engine has been fine but the clutching is absolute garbage.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo... my 07 Renegade 800 is still running , but my Buddies 07 XRS lost the engine the other day.
1800 miles on it. Crank bearing went. Still hoping the Renegade keeps going, no warranty left.
BRP should recall these engines to fix them up. The dealer apparently told my Buddy that 1 in 4 of these engines blow due to the Bearing tolerance being 1 thousand too tight on the shaft.
Anyone else heard of this ??

I belive the renegades still had the P-tek motor, not the 800R. If so your motor will be good for many many hard miles.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive the renegades still had the P-tek motor, not the 800R. If so your motor will be good for many many hard miles.

You are right on the mark. I called a dealer to enquire about that yesterday. Gave them my VIN and was told my sled has a different engine that the 07 XRS. I have the 06 model P tec and they say it is near bullet proof.
I hope so !

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1200km'ss on mine were with the crap clutching and stock can, it's 2500 hard mountain km's now and still running strong as ever. Working on some of my own clutching right now, hope it works good. Ever since iv purchased it's had an MBRP then a JAWS can, custom screens were put in last year, droped engine temp a whole bar on the temp gauge, clutch heat was maken my belt jello before i did it. Ill post updates on how the mods are going.

I want a 08 800R motor :( haha

smash

Reaction score
just blew mine at 1700 miles. it shut down on trail to silent pass it was hard to turn over then let it sit 10 mins. it fired up but had a bad squeal so shut it off and towed it back to the truck when I took it apart the wrist pin brg was trashed rod had been heated real bad and con rod brg feels rough. I dont expect I will see any help from BRP so if anyone knows the cause of these failures, any info would be appreciated. I dont want to pull this motor out again.:mad:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you didnt up your compression on your sled runing the vp is a big waste of money it actually makes your sled burn cooler making less horse power than stock

smash

Reaction score
anyone know where I can get a rebuilt crank for my 07 800 xrs?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know where I can get a rebuilt crank for my 07 800 xrs?

My 07 locked up at 2700 km, 3 weeks after warranty ran out. After having many words with my dealer and BRP they put in a new engine, but I had to pay the labour if I wanted warranty on the new engine,,$800 my cost. This place had a booth at the Snowmobile show this past fall, CVTech, CVTech-AAB inc for cylinder and crankshaft rebuilding and replating in Quebec, Canada they delt with rebuilt cranks. This place is in Quebec.

zman

Reaction score
my 07 xr-s 159" crank broke in two at 2600kms. new warranty engine made way more power. clutch worked great after 2 or 3 updates.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe there was a problem with the crank bearing on the 07 to early 08.. iam sure i could go throught the books at work and find out. they have fixed the problem now. its a good motor

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3500 km on my TIME BOMB with still original bottom end. Rebuilt top end twice. First by APP and did not last a week. Then Trackside did it right. MBRP can first then the Jaws much like Maverick. Love the JAWS it sounds greeeaaatttt! Track change, venting, clutching primary 6 times, geared down to 20 tooth. :):) Sled works better than the xp in my opinion now.

Bigredd

Reaction score
I was getting a BB from Mots on my 07 Adrenaline with 2600kms then got a call that the crank bearings were on the way out. He could rebearing it but there was no garantee it would make the season. A dirty hit after budgeting for the Big Bore, I'm glad it was found or it could have cost me even more $$$$$

hpjunkie

Reaction score
1700km on mine, run out was out of spec so I pulled to straighten. Crank bearing @ seals still good. Re-packing with iso-flex & new seals while I'm there! Stk top end, cyl's good, comp good, leak down good...

Top Bottom