07 rev 800 survey

Revhead

Reaction score
How many 07 800Rs are out there that havent thrown bottom ends out ? And
how many Kms are you lucky ones at so far ????? Id love to get some feed back I have one with 2600k, seems to run great after lotsa clutch work. :beer::beer::)

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we bought three of them and only one blew up had about 3k on it so thats not to bad was warranty any ways

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine's got just under 1500 miles on it and is still running strong.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew my 07 at 5900. Total new engine on warranty no questions asked. Happy with my new 08 engine, seems stronger, have about 1200 on it already.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many 07 800Rs are out there that havent thrown bottom ends out ? And
how many Kms are you lucky ones at so far ????? Id love to get some feed back I have one with 2600k, seems to run great after lotsa clutch work. :beer::beer::)

Have a 162 XRS with 2200km and on the 3rd motor and LOTS of CLUTCH WORK bump compression up y pipe jaws can reeds 162 3 pitch track and mxzx primary clutch and hours of tinkering with it. Gave up and give it to my boy who is happy to drive it and wont notice if runs good or not. Bought a lite weight climber all set up and very well looked after sled and have no more money tied up it it as the XRS.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blew mine at 330 miles, 3.5 miles into Milage. Seems to work good after new motor, trying some diff clutching from absolute power.:beer:

Mayfly

Reaction score
Bottom end went out on X-RS at 2500km, warranty covered replace and yet to ride her.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top end went at 1700 km`s. no comp. on 1 cyl. Crank specked out good according skidoo tech. had 2400 km when i sold it.
Didnt trust it.

groominator

Reaction score
I have a 07 XRS 159. I love it. I had the head shaved and installed a BJ clutch kit from sled head racing. A Timber Sled Mtn tamer rear suspension with a Boss Seat. A powder track. Timber Sled cold air intake. Air cooling screen kits on both side panels. 9 inch two big wheel rear axel kit. I have about 2000 miles on it and no problems. I did have to do the regular clutch update. I've never had a better sled. It is very dependable. One day last year I got 130 miles on one tank of fuel and still had a couple of gallons left when I fueled up.

I did have to replace the maniford screws on the exhaust. They just fell out like most others did.

groominator

DTH

Reaction score
Over 4800 kms on my X and still ticking or should I say tic toc.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Mine was replaced by BRP to be sent back for the tolerences measured no blow ups :d

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2700 km so far no crank problem, just pulled both exhaust valves to clean. They were actually quite clean but all 4 springs were broke and the chrome plating on the valves was peeling off. Sent pictures to dealer and they will warranty all parts :d

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2500 kms on 07 Renegade 800. Everything is stock other than the can and I have had no problems at all.
Sled is mostly used on trails but has been to the mountains twice. Very good performance and no maintenace problems yet.
Hope it stays that way.

stalefish_132

Reaction score
4800KM on her when she let loose. my VIN is # 14th XRS built,guess the coffee was good that morning.did base gasket at 3200km and exhaust valve cleaning.

100km on the 08 long block and ripping better than ever, by far my favorite sled to date.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2500 kms on 07 Renegade 800. Everything is stock other than the can and I have had no problems at all.
Sled is mostly used on trails but has been to the mountains twice. Very good performance and no maintenace problems yet.
Hope it stays that way.

Sooo... my 07 Renegade 800 is still running , but my Buddies 07 XRS lost the engine the other day.
1800 miles on it. Crank bearing went. Still hoping the Renegade keeps going, no warranty left.
BRP should recall these engines to fix them up. The dealer apparently told my Buddy that 1 in 4 of these engines blow due to the Bearing tolerance being 1 thousand too tight on the shaft.
Anyone else heard of this ??

Top Bottom